The Student Room Group

Edinburgh vet school interview

Hi I couldn't find a thread but was just wondering if Edinburgh have begun to hand out their interviews yet for 2017 entry. If so what date?
(Trying to be incredibly optimistic to see whether interview dates could clash due to my popularity I live in hope!)
I also realise how lucky I am to hold interviews at the moment just wondering how possible EDI still is for me thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

I believe they've handed out invites for Dec 7th. The next date is 14th Dec and I'm not sure if they've invited yet, the dates are somewhere on their website if I remember correctly
Original post by TheVirtualPhoton
I believe they've handed out invites for Dec 7th. The next date is 14th Dec and I'm not sure if they've invited yet, the dates are somewhere on their website if I remember correctly

Thanks I thought they had but I wasn't sure!
Reply 3
I heard back from Edinburgh today about the 25th of Jan- but this date is for graduate entry and international students I think
Thank you :smile: I haven't had one *yet* I haven't been rejected so hopefully I'm still in with a chance! Good luck everyone :smile:
Hey guys, is there anyone with an interview in Edinburgh on the 14th of December (or any other day) that would be willing to switch with me. Mine is on the 7th and I have two interviews on that day and I really don't want to have to make a decision between the two schools. I know the 7th is soon, but please message me if there's any way you can.
Reply 6
got one on 18thJan
Reply 7
Original post by vetapplicant17
Hey guys, is there anyone with an interview in Edinburgh on the 14th of December (or any other day) that would be willing to switch with me. Mine is on the 7th and I have two interviews on that day and I really don't want to have to make a decision between the two schools. I know the 7th is soon, but please message me if there's any way you can.

dont think thats how it works...? surely u have to inform them
Original post by tifflcy
dont think thats how it works...? surely u have to inform them

I've asked them to switch my interview date but they say it's too late because it would be taking a spot away from someone else. Since it's so close to the interview date they don't want to go through the effort of finding someone who will switch with me. I'm just trying to find someone who could switch with me, as I think that if I provide them with the solution they'd have difficulty saying no
Original post by piplikesbacon
Hi I couldn't find a thread but was just wondering if Edinburgh have begun to hand out their interviews yet for 2017 entry. If so what date?
(Trying to be incredibly optimistic to see whether interview dates could clash due to my popularity I live in hope!)
I also realise how lucky I am to hold interviews at the moment just wondering how possible EDI still is for me thanks in advance!

I haven't heard yet and there hasn't been any between people i've spoken to at other interviews :frown:

Does that other interview happen to be Selwyn college by any chance? Also i hope you can solve this, it's a tough situation:frown:
Hi, I received a interview at Edinburgh for the 25th of January. I am a Scottish student so I was surprised to get an interview (Since there is a cap on the number of Scottish students allowed in Scottish Universities since our fees are covered for by the government). From what you guys have said, they seem to be interviewing international students first as they are the ones they want to most (what with paying more fees) so that they fill up the places that they want to fill, and then the left over places will have to be fought for by national students.
Great fun...
Still nothing for me unfortunately! Also aware they've handed out 7th & 14th from other vet school candidates at interview

However to everyone who holds an interview well done! That's absolutely fantastic :smile: also hope it goes the way you want it too and just be you as they've picked you for your qualities not anyone elses!!!!!

Also vetapplicant17 rubbish situation but I hope that somehow it resolves itself and if not at least you tried to do what you needed too! Such a shame they seem to be unwilling to accommodate it, I've got my fingers crossed for you that they will see sense and swap your date!!!

C
Original post by piplikesbacon
Still nothing for me unfortunately! Also aware they've handed out 7th & 14th from other vet school candidates at interview

However to everyone who holds an interview well done! That's absolutely fantastic :smile: also hope it goes the way you want it too and just be you as they've picked you for your qualities not anyone elses!!!!!

Also vetapplicant17 rubbish situation but I hope that somehow it resolves itself and if not at least you tried to do what you needed too! Such a shame they seem to be unwilling to accommodate it, I've got my fingers crossed for you that they will see sense and swap your date!!!

C

Thank you for the wishes! I did manage to solve it. I'm just posting what happened here in case anyone else ever runs into a similar problem. I emailed the Director of Veterinary Studies at the college I applied to in Cambridge and he dealt with the admissions office. He responded very quickly and was very nice.
Reply 14
Hello, I have an interview for the 18th of January, I'm an English student so maybe they're starting to hand the rest of the UK out now? I got an email about a message on the myEd portal and an email from admissions so keep a look out. Don't worry if you haven't got an invitation though because there is still plenty of time!
Thank you for the wishes! I did manage to solve it. I'm just posting what happened here in case anyone else ever runs into a similar problem. I emailed the Director of Veterinary Studies at the college I applied to in Cambridge and he dealt with the admissions office. He responded very quickly and was very nice.

Glad its been sorted!!!! Good luck and well done for persevering with them!!
I heard back yesterday for March 1st! So I think they are handing out to the rest of the UK now. Are people going to fly up?
Original post by lethani-af
I heard back yesterday for March 1st! So I think they are handing out to the rest of the UK now. Are people going to fly up?

as did I! I'm flying up on the 28th staying in Edi over night, bus goes out to Easter Bush from main campus they said on open day, so thats an idea on how to get out there! :smile: hope that helps
Reply 18
Original post by lethani-af

lol i was stupid enough to book a train ticket to stanstead and fly up to edinburgh then return on the same day... so gotta wake up at like 530 and gonna be home just before 12
Reply 19
Original post by aponi
Hello, I have an interview for the 18th of January, I'm an English student so maybe they're starting to hand the rest of the UK out now? I got an email about a message on the myEd portal and an email from admissions so keep a look out. Don't worry if you haven't got an invitation though because there is still plenty of time!

mines 18th as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending