The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Vs Liverpool Vet Med

Hiya!!

I’ve got offers for Liverpool, Edinburgh and Surrey for vet med. I’ve narrowed it down to Liverpool or Edinburgh, but I can’t find much information online which directly compares them. Some of the information on TSR is from 10 years ago and so I’m not sure its accurate post-COVID

I quite like hands on/practical work and essays/coursework, exams are a lot more stressful but I can perform on them. Apparently Liverpool has little to no practical work for the first few years?? (Barring the EMS which you do everywhere)

Seemingly they both run spiral courses rather than modular?

Apparently they’re both awesome cities to study in and the student life is great, along with you don’t have to spend the whole time with solely vets

Would any current vet students be able to give a bit of a run down on the two courses?

Thank you so much!! Xxx
Original post by Murphy_ella
Hiya!!

I’ve got offers for Liverpool, Edinburgh and Surrey for vet med. I’ve narrowed it down to Liverpool or Edinburgh, but I can’t find much information online which directly compares them. Some of the information on TSR is from 10 years ago and so I’m not sure its accurate post-COVID

I quite like hands on/practical work and essays/coursework, exams are a lot more stressful but I can perform on them. Apparently Liverpool has little to no practical work for the first few years?? (Barring the EMS which you do everywhere)

Seemingly they both run spiral courses rather than modular?

Apparently they’re both awesome cities to study in and the student life is great, along with you don’t have to spend the whole time with solely vets

Would any current vet students be able to give a bit of a run down on the two courses?

Thank you so much!! Xxx

Hi, congrats on your offers great news. Did you do an online interview with Liverpool ? Any tips for a good interview, I've heard they are only 15mins long and online ? Thanks for any information.
Hi there,

I'm really glad to see that you are considering studying at the University of Liverpool.

I don't have experience of the vet med course in particular, but I have always found the University to have a friendly and supportive academic environment. I would also say that Liverpool is a friendly and welcoming city with a strong sense of community and city has a lively nightlife scene.

Hopefully someone with more direct experience of the course might be able to tell you more on the course, but let me know if you have any questions about the University or the city more generally 🙂

Best of luck in your studies!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending