The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Good thread, Jenny.
Reply 21
Lazy bums who leave their christmas tree lights up all year round. I think my dislike for these people has actually turned into an obsession.

Also people with no manners. Especially when you are doing them a favour, like opening the door open for them.

People who stand in my way while I'm shopping, unwise.
Reply 22
People who pay to go to the cinema, and then talk the whole way through the film. That really, *really* gets on my tits.
Reply 23
shell_xx
People who pay to go to the cinema, and then talk the whole way through the film. That really, *really* gets on my tits.

Or the people who choose to sit directly behind you and kick you in the head the entire way through the film and keep a running commentary throughout the film.
Hmm, a few off the top of my head.

1) People who stop walking slap back in the middle of the pavement, getting in my way. Why don't they just move to the side?!? Instead of blocking the way. This is especially annoying/rife in busy places e.g. London.

2) I agree with whoever said about customers taking ages to leave the till point after paying for something. I work in a shop and it annoys me when people take forever to do up their purse/wallet. Especially if there is a giant queue of people waiting to be served.

3) OMG those heely shoe things like someone else said. I went in Asda the other week and there was an announcement over the tannoy saying "please do not let your children use heelies or other shoes with wheels, as they are a safety hazard". Stupid shoes, I can't believe how many kids I see with them when I'm at work!

4) Strangers being overly erm, weird. Being too full-on and asking too many questions when they've only just met you. Especially creepy old men.

5) The tills at work. They are SO old and slow, the receipts take forever to print.

6) People who spk lyk dis.

I'll be back if/when I think of some more. :p:
The One and Only Lady Jennington
Or the people who choose to sit directly behind you and kick you in the head the entire way through the film and keep a running commentary throughout the film.

People who eat really loudly. And take forever to open a packet of crisps/chocolates. I swear they rustle it a few times on purpose!
People who a) call me Katie or b) ask me if I'm *sure* my name isn't Katherine. My name is Kate. I hate the name Katie, and I've known for the last 19 years that my name isn't Katherine. Thanks for making sure though...

People who smoke around their children. Really, really, really annoys me.
People who take up the entire path when they walk. So so slowly....In Oxford this particularly applies to tourists.
People who can't be bothered to make the short detour from the pub garden to the bar to bring their drinks in before they leave.

I'm sure there are more; I tend to forget them until they reappear and I'm suddenly reminded how much they annoy me...
Reply 27
People in England who talk about "north" and "south" not realising that they are all english in the eyes of everyone else, and are all dirty southerners to the scottish.
And English accents, they've got no personality to them, so generic and boring.
People (usually Scottish) who hate England for no valid reason.
Reply 29
People who have the volume to their radio/music really loud when driving on the road like theyre so cool. Whyyy?!
Reply 30
The sound of applause. I have no idea why, but it just really, REALLY grates on me! Weirdness....
Customers who call me by my name, just cos i am wearing a badge deos not giver you the right to act like you know me, i just hate customers using my name as if they know me, no idea why, just do.
Poorer families where the parents can't afford to buy their kids decent food/proper school uniform/any toys, but the parents can afford to smoke about 30 a day :rolleyes:
Reply 33
hippieglitter
Customers who call me by my name, just cos i am wearing a badge deos not giver you the right to act like you know me, i just hate customers using my name as if they know me, no idea why, just do.

It's not just me, I hate this aswell... But I hate it when the guests either whistle or clear their throat loudly to get my attention... they just said excuse me or something!

People who walk slowly, and people who nick the damn salt & pepper pots which are on the tables at work..
Hearing people eat actually makes me want to cry, or hit something *shudder*. Detest it.
when people take long to get there oyster cards or money out for the bus, so when it arrives they're on the bus getting everything out of there bag wasting time, holding the whole bus up!
goldenGAZE
when people take long to get there oyster cards or money out for the bus, so when it arrives they're on the bus getting everything out of there bag wasting time, holding the whole bus up!

Even worse, the people at the tube barriers with their Oysters who after it says seek assistance step back and try again (once, fair enough), but then try again, and again, and then just stand there BLOCKING THE WHOLE LINE :mad: .

Get out of the way people, trains to catch, home to get to!!
_Dynamite_
Lazy bums who leave their christmas tree lights up all year round. I think my dislike for these people has actually turned into an obsession.

Also people with no manners. Especially when you are doing them a favour, like opening the door open for them.

People who stand in my way while I'm shopping, unwise.

It's bad luck to take them down after january the something :redface:
People with no manners - it really irritates me when you blatently go out of your way to help someone e.g. hold open the door for them and they just march through like they are royalty without even an acknowledgment of thanks...

oh and also people who just randomly stare at you on the train...and even if you glare back at them they continue to stare (admittedly they usually are dodgy old men....)

actually, yeah, dodgy old men annoy me...

oh dear i think i should stop otherwise i might never stop... :hct:
Reply 39
x_f_x
Poorer families where the parents can't afford to buy their kids decent food/proper school uniform/any toys, but the parents can afford to smoke about 30 a day :rolleyes:

yep.

people who use their mobile phones whilst driving. don't really wanna try to think of any more right now; it might make me angry before i go to bed!

Latest

Trending

Trending