The Student Room Group

Work experience at Pets at home

Hello, I'm in year 10 and work experience dates start in about May.
While I don't really see myself working at pets at home just for the sake of being giddy over and looking at animals. Are you able to specify which departments you're willing to work in if they do? For example:
I'm willing to take care of the reptile part of the store as I'm more experienced in that and I'm not sure if they get to direct where I work if I specify what type of experience I want. (In this case, it's handling reptiles in stores.)
Yes, I know its not a pet farm so my wording of "handling" might be misinterpreted here, but in this case it's more of maintaining their vivariums and feeding them. I know you do more physical stuff like packing shelves, but just a question!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by argalia
Hello, I'm in year 10 and work experience dates start in about May.
While I don't really see myself working at pets at home just for the sake of being giddy over and looking at animals. Are you able to specify which departments you're willing to work in if they do? For example:
I'm willing to take care of the reptile part of the store as I'm more experienced in that and I'm not sure if they get to direct where I work if I specify what type of experience I want. (In this case, it's handling reptiles in stores.)
Yes, I know its not a pet farm so my wording of "handling" might be misinterpreted here, but in this case it's more of maintaining their vivariums and feeding them. I know you do more physical stuff like packing shelves, but just a question!

I am also looking for work experience an in yr 10. I am considering pets at home but not sure if it will benefit me: i want to work with animals or something like that but it may not be interesting. Need some advice on what to expect.
Reply 2
You will most likely stacking products. That is what my friend, who is doing work experience at Pets at Home, said

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending