(A) English Literature
(B) English
(B) Business Studies
(B) Physics
(C):frown: Mandarin

My choices for International Baccalaureate are:
HL Physics, HL Economics, HL Mathematics
SL Business, SL Spanish(ab), SL English

If I work hard and perform well in my IB, will (US) uni's really look at the (I)GCSE grades? They were slightly below what I was expecting.
Everyone did fab. All of you people who think you failed casue you got B's and C's are just being silly! I only got 5 C's and 2 B's when I took my GCSE's but I'm doing all of the courses I want at college and getting A's when i really try.

Ultamatly there are very few Uni''s that will be intrested in your GCSE grades, and employers dont care at all as long as you have a few passes.
Reply 82
RedDevils

Maths A* 400/400 on paper :biggrin:

Holy bejesus! :eek:
Where were you when I was taking Maths GCSE?!
Pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaase can you help me get an A in my retake? :p:
Reply 83
Happy Days! well pleased with my results!

History A*
Citizenship A*
RE A*
Maths A
Geography A
Graphics A
English Language A
English Literature A
Science BB

Really worked for my grades, aslong as you tried your best to reach your predicted grades you should be pleased with yourself. Good luck for anyone who still hasnt got their results or plan retakes:wink:
Reply 84
Wahey! Got 3A's 5B's and 2C's! Gonna go on and do (hopefully):
Biology
English Language
Media Studies/French
Classics

:biggrin: Thank god its all over though! :biggrin:
.Daniel
How do some people know they got the 'Top 5 in the country' grade etc.

someone from my school got that , it'll be on calander news today
they get a letter i believe
Can anybody give me some advice on how to get a re-mark for my Edexcel Maths paper please?
Reply 88
Smiling...Rain
Can anybody give me some advice on how to get a re-mark for my Edexcel Maths paper please?

I assume you need to speak to your exam officer at school. Everybody at my school was told to go and see him if you have any questions about your results. Your teachers should be able to arrange something for you if you go and see them though, but you'll need to be quick about it. ;yes;
i think the final day for re marks is beginning of september, so you will have to be quick! :biggrin:
Reply 90
I got:
English lang - A
English lit - A
Maths - A*
Geography - A*
Business Studies - A
Health & Social Care (Double Award) - BB
RE (Short Course) - A*
AS Science - A
GCSE Science (last year) - AA

Very happy with my results and enrolled to sixth form to to Biology, Chemistry, Geography and English lit & lang combined.
Congratulations, everyone! They are all great results; some of them are absolutely fantastic. :biggrin: Again, TSR has produced an onslaught of outstanding results. :wink: You should all be proud.
Reply 92
These are my grades:

History A*
R.E (short course) A*
Maths A
Eng Lan A
Business Studies A
Sports Studies B
Science (DOUBLE AWARD) B/B
ICT (short course) B
Eng Lit B

I've got 2 questions:

1. How do I get some of the papers re-marked?
2. Do you think with these grades I could still do law in a good rep university like Oxford/Cambridge?
Reply 93
Congrats everyone! :biggrin: I'm thrilled with my own results, it's nice to read this thread and see that most other people are happy too. After all, at the end of the day, as long as you're pleased then it doesn't matter what other people think :smile:

Tahmiina- Obviously no guarantees about anything, but I'm interested in law and have been reading the law forum for a while and replies given to people with queries about results. The general consensus seems to be that as long as your grades are decent, which yours certainly are, then it's more about your A-Levels/interview/personal statement and all that other fun stuff.
Reply 94
my results:

Maths A*
Science A*A*
Eng Lit. A
Eng Language B
Business A
Geography A
Resistant A
Ict A
R.E (short Course) C
Reply 95
Sooooooooooooo happy, 11A*s, 1A!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 96
Right I'm new to this thing but anyway

Firstly, well done everyone..
My results are;
Science - C C (Predicted B)
English Language - C (Predicted B)
English Literature - B (Predicted B)
Maths - C (Predicted C - but I was sooooooooooooooooo CLOSE to getting a B)
ICT - A A (Predicted C, But I think I should of got the A*)
RE - A* (Predicted C)
Geography C (Predicted B)

I wish I got a B in Language and I wish I got my A*s in ICT. But oh well as long as I passed.

I'm hoping to hoping to get all straight As next year, and I'm gonna give it everything I got.

I'm just wondering, what are the possible chances of getting into Oxford after doing A-Levels, with the above GCSE results? And How important are GCSEs?
Reply 97
Congratulations to everyone who reached and excelled their GCSE targets ^^

My results were:

Mathematics: A*
Science: A*
Double Science: A*
Religious Studies: A*
English Literauture: A*
English Language: A
Geography: A
ICT (BaCS): B
Art and Design: C

A bit disappointed with the art, but I really didn't try as hard as I could so I could concentrate on my other subjects. But I guess it was the right thing to do :tongue:
Reply 98
The grades that i got were:

English Literature-A
English Language-B
Religous studies-A
Business Studies-B
I.C.T-Double award-B B
Science-Double award-C C
Graphics-C
Maths-B

What you think any good?...
Reply 99
CHECKMATE

What you think any good?...

I think they're good :biggrin: All between A* and C :biggrin:

Does anyone know if Coursework is included in English Literature? Because, with my CW (some of my earlier pieces were grade C), it would have been almost impossible for me to acheive the A* :s-smilie:

Latest