The Student Room Group

Are these good GCSE Options

So I am about to finalise my Optional GCSE Options but I am not sure if they are good or not?
The compulsories are : Maths ,English, Biology , Chemistry ,Physics
My optionals are
History, Russian, Mandarin, Latin, Greek
Reply 1
I mean that's a lot of languages, but that's clearly what you love so go for it. 3/4 of my A-levels are languages soo... Why not? I don't think you're really closing too many doors as sciences are compulsory and you'll have a couple of humanities.
How the Hell are you going to handle doing four languages?
That's a lot of languages as options. Overall, you've got your humanities subject and a language subject so you've picked a good set. However, are you really prepared to study all of those language subjects?
Languages are so hard I struggle learning one. What do you want to do in the future? Would it not be better to pick maybe one non-language subject to fall back on?
I think your options are great! i wont be able to take four languages but if you really enjoy them, then go for it. But its good that you have science and humanities as well as languages it shows alot of different, useful skills!
Original post by eneiciabell
Languages are so hard I struggle learning one. What do you want to do in the future? Would it not be better to pick maybe one non-language subject to fall back on?

Ambassador
Reply 7
I'll be dead if I do 4 languages.
Reply 8
LOL 4 languages I'd never cope with 1 but if you think you can handle it go for it
yeah, i would love to have your options. great ones
Reply 10
Original post by ArianaChande
So I am about to finalise my Optional GCSE Options but I am not sure if they are good or not?
My optionals are

If you enjoy languages then go for it! :smile:
My optionals are

They are really good options- it will be alot of hard work to do 4 languages. I struggled with one :smile:
Woah
Those are a lot of languages. You must be good at them then :congrats:

History is good. I enjoyed it at GCSE. Need to be good at English as there is a lot of writing involved.

:goodluck:
(edited 7 years ago)
Good for you for choosing so many languages! I study languages at uni, and there just aren't enough people enthusiastic abut learning them at school! You will learn so much from doing these subjects!! Best of luck :smile:
My optionals are

I didn't even do one language, but languages are good to do. 2 max I would say, maybe 3 but trust me you will get bored of them very soon. Pick at least one practical subject just to keep you on your toes. A wide range are usually pretty good. But it's up to you!
Original post by Fnt1klo
I'll be dead if I do 4 languages.

Ill dead choosing one
Reply 16
***** r u einstein or somthin 4 languages
Original post by Txhmid
***** r u einstein or somthin 4 languages

i have an iq of 157
My optionals are

It will be very hard for you to study all those languages. I struggle to study 2 but we're all different 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I agree that is a lot of languages but if you are good at remembering them then maybe that is what you should do.
At the end of the day it depends on what you want to do at the end of school and what you feel you can handle.

Quick Reply

Latest