The Student Room Group

Do you like getting clothes for Christmas?

Poll

Do you like being bought clothes for Christmas?

I always get a bit nervous if people start asking me what size I am as I'm so fussy with clothes!

Original post by Queen Cersei
I always get a bit nervous if people start asking me what size I am as I'm so fussy with clothes!

I do! If they are someone I'm close to or have asked what I want. It makes the item of clothing feel more special, especially if I've not had to pay for it :giggle: I love getting socks, can never have too many of them! :santa2:
Reply 2
I've had some right stinkers over the years from my mum. I hate being bought for as I'm picky about everything. I prefer a voucher to be honest, then I can get what I need.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I like the smell of new clothes after they've been wrapped up in wrapping paper. First thing I do when opening wrapped clothes is to stick my head in there and give it a good sniff. So lovely :h:
Original post by Lolly75
I've had some right stinkers over the years from my mum. I hate being bought for as I'm picky about everything. I prefer a voucher to be honest, then I can get what I need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were the stinkers? I'm intrigued :teehee: I like vouchers too! :smile:
I love getting clothes for Christmas now! Used to hate it, but I put that down to childishness. My dad and I are pretty close so he knows what clothes I like, and I've received lots of cool band shirts :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by BurstingBubbles
What were the stinkers? I'm intrigued :teehee: I like vouchers too! :smile:

She got me this grey Cape thing with huge gold buttons two years ago. If there is an emoji with a screaming face, I'd use it! I always get her chanel makeup and this is how she repays me :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
And I gave her the cape back for a refund!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like it if it's my mum who buys them. She's pretty good at guessing what I'd like and what size I need. With anyone else, I love socks and stuff but actual clothes are generally just too difficult to get for me so they fit well and I like them :laugh:
YES! I wish I got socks more often; all mine have multiple holes in. :sad: come to think of it, so do my boxers, could do with some of those too. I don't like spending money on basics.

Last year my spouse got me a Rick and Morty tshirt which was pretty awesome :biggrin:
It depends how well the person knows what I like... my dad used to buy me clothes for Christmas when I was younger, but not anything that was in the style I'd want to wear! He's a lot better with it now though, and got an amazing DW jumper from him last year :lol:

My favourite t-shirt was actually a Christmas present from last year, so I'm definitely happy with the principle of it :h:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Gotta love a jumper for Christmas :biggrin: and socks! If you don't get some socks for crimbo then it's not the same :u:
I love getting trainers and socks.
I Do! I love Getting Clothes although they are usually festive decorated Socks! :biggrin: But last year something amazing happened... My Dad Bought me a Stone Island Tracksuit!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I'm Not sure Where he got the money from as he finds paying the bills hard but I Love and adore Christmas clothes!!!
Original post by Sabertooth
YES! I wish I got socks more often; all mine have multiple holes in. :sad: come to think of it, so do my boxers, could do with some of those too. I don't like spending money on basics.

Last year my spouse got me a Rick and Morty tshirt which was pretty awesome :biggrin:

Haha Awesome! I Agree with the Boxers Too!!! :biggrin:
A Ricky and Morty t-shirt! Wow! :biggrin:
Original post by PugDevil
Gotta love a jumper for Christmas :biggrin: and socks! If you don't get some socks for crimbo then it's not the same :u:

Yeah, I Agree PugDevil! :biggrin:
Original post by Davalla
I like the smell of new clothes after they've been wrapped up in wrapping paper. First thing I do when opening wrapped clothes is to stick my head in there and give it a good sniff. So lovely :h:

Thats what I Do too! Good to know I'm Not the only One! :biggrin:
Original post by CarysJSLewis
I love getting clothes for Christmas now! Used to hate it, but I put that down to childishness. My dad and I are pretty close so he knows what clothes I like, and I've received lots of cool band shirts :smile:

Damn, Lucky You:h:

Quick Reply

Latest