The Student Room Group

Christmas wish list as a creative student at Kingston

One thing that seems to get more and more difficult each year for me is finding stuff to put on my Christmas list! Especially now as a student finding a way to balance wants and practicality makes things so much harder 😭.

However one perk to being a creative student is that there are certain things that can bring you the best of both worlds of being fun and being handy for your course! If you’re someone who’s struggling to find things to put on your list or you’re buying for a creative Kingston student then hopefully these suggestions can help!

First off is a mini projector, with a number of uses this makes a perfect option for your Christmas list. Whether you’re an artist trying to see how work looks bigger scale, someone who often pitches their creative briefs and wants to practice a presentation or a film student trying to do some research for your next film a mini projector can be so so helpful to you. And better yet, for those of you with streaming services but no telly, the mini projector could be great to get your friends round and binge watch the show you want to see without huddling round a laptop!

This next idea could be a little bit niche but I promise it’s worth considering if you’re someone who likes to regularly update their wardrobe! Many fashion students probably already have a sewing machine or atleast access to one but they can be the perfect thing to have for any creative student! Not only can you fix clothing with them, making your money go a bit further and increasing the sustainability of your wardrobe, but you can also customise clothing and get the best fit out of the clothes you love! For those of you looking for a side hustle this could be a fab thing to ask for as it can get you started. Sewing machines can be expensive so if there’s budgeting you need to follow then look into a second hand one as there can be some amazing finds!

Finally is one that may seem a bit obvious but why not ask for a set of paints? I probably don’t need to tell you how paint can help your studies as a creative student but there are so many possibilities to use them in your personal life for fun! Why not invite your friends round and have a drink and painting night, not only will you have a laugh but you can also make some fun art to decorate your room! If you’re paints are waterproof and paint safe then why not decorate some glasses. It may seem silly but the opportunities are endless!

And if painting isn’t your thing or you’re looking for something a bit smaller to top up your list then why not ask for a bracelet making kit. You and your friends can make your own jewellery to wear, not only giving you a fun night in but also the chance to match with your mates!

What’s on your Christmas list, let us know and share some inspiration !

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
(edited 4 months ago)
One I would recommend as a gift for creative students is promarkers, I went through absolutely tonnes and they were pretty expensive to afford as a student
Thank you for your recommendation! I think I will need to add these to my Christmas list. What type of things do you use these for? Have you tried the Posca pens?

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)
Original post by Kingston Reps
One thing that seems to get more and more difficult each year for me is finding stuff to put on my Christmas list! Especially now as a student finding a way to balance wants and practicality makes things so much harder 😭.

However one perk to being a creative student is that there are certain things that can bring you the best of both worlds of being fun and being handy for your course! If you’re someone who’s struggling to find things to put on your list or you’re buying for a creative Kingston student then hopefully these suggestions can help!

First off is a mini projector, with a number of uses this makes a perfect option for your Christmas list. Whether you’re an artist trying to see how work looks bigger scale, someone who often pitches their creative briefs and wants to practice a presentation or a film student trying to do some research for your next film a mini projector can be so so helpful to you. And better yet, for those of you with streaming services but no telly, the mini projector could be great to get your friends round and binge watch the show you want to see without huddling round a laptop!

This next idea could be a little bit niche but I promise it’s worth considering if you’re someone who likes to regularly update their wardrobe! Many fashion students probably already have a sewing machine or atleast access to one but they can be the perfect thing to have for any creative student! Not only can you fix clothing with them, making your money go a bit further and increasing the sustainability of your wardrobe, but you can also customise clothing and get the best fit out of the clothes you love! For those of you looking for a side hustle this could be a fab thing to ask for as it can get you started. Sewing machines can be expensive so if there’s budgeting you need to follow then look into a second hand one as there can be some amazing finds!

Finally is one that may seem a bit obvious but why not ask for a set of paints? I probably don’t need to tell you how paint can help your studies as a creative student but there are so many possibilities to use them in your personal life for fun! Why not invite your friends round and have a drink and painting night, not only will you have a laugh but you can also make some fun art to decorate your room! If you’re paints are waterproof and paint safe then why not decorate some glasses. It may seem silly but the opportunities are endless!

And if painting isn’t your thing or you’re looking for something a bit smaller to top up your list then why not ask for a bracelet making kit. You and your friends can make your own jewellery to wear, not only giving you a fun night in but also the chance to match with your mates!

What’s on your Christmas list, let us know and share some inspiration !

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Some great suggestions!

I'm a fashion student here at BCU and some bits on my list this year are...

Some new fabric cutting scissors!

Wool! An endless supply of wool for my endless list of crochet projects!

And something I received last year that I loved so much I would love to receive again - a magazine subscription to a fashion mag! This was great as it got delivered to my halls every month and I could look forward to a new read in the post.

Keep the ideas coming!

Emily
BCU Student Rep
My only wish this Christmas is for there to be no Christmas :hand:
Such lovely ideas! I am sure they will bring festive joy to many creative students this year :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest