The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick PPE Applicants 2017/2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by MitchellWoolley
I did the IB and got 39 with 665 (not stellar, and I was really disappointed as I was predicted higher, particularly in my HL's), however I felt happy with my personal statement so I don't know what to expect.. How about you?

Oh cool I'm not sure about IB but I got AAAB in my as levels and am doing my a levels now. I just really want to know alreadyyy the wait is killing me. Good luck and hopefully we'll hear back soon :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
Just got my offer today, conditional A*AA
Reply 42
Original post by ads_rowe
Just got my offer today, conditional A*AA

What are your grades??
Reply 43
Original post by ben2608
What are your grades??

GCSE: 10 A* and 1 A
AS: AAAA (Government & Politics, history, maths and spanish)
Predicted A* History, A* Politics and A maths
Reply 44
Original post by ads_rowe
GCSE: 10 A* and 1 A
AS: AAAA (Government & Politics, history, maths and spanish)
Predicted A* History, A* Politics and A maths

Ah amazing well done-I feel like they are now replying to everyone with A*A*A preds
Reply 45
I also have a conditional offer, for a few weeks now!
(I'm a German, very exited student)

Are you all going to firm Warwick? (:
Reply 46
Original post by sosob
They must be - I'm predicted A*A*A and I got my offer this week, was so excited :smile:

well done mate-what are your grades??
Reply 47
Original post by ben2608
well done mate-what are your grades??

Thank u, AAAB as and 7A* 4A's gcse
Reply 48
just got an offer :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by ben2608
just got an offer :smile:

Congrats mate!
Congrats to all who got their offers!
Got mine today ☺️
Reply 51
I am currently a 1st year PPE Student at Warwick. I applied in October, got my offer in March so don't worry about not hearing from them yet.
Also, if anyone has any questions about the course or the university, feel free to ask me!
Reply 52
Original post by sosob
When did most people get responses last year?

Hey, I'm a first year PPE student at Warwick Uni. I sent my applications in October 2016 and only got a conditional offer in March 2016. So don't worry if you haven't heard from them yet.
Original post by zoe_ef
Hey, I'm a first year PPE student at Warwick Uni. I sent my applications in October 2016 and only got a conditional offer in March 2016. So don't worry if you haven't heard from them yet.

What subjects did you do?
Reply 54
Original post by MajorFader
What subjects did you do?

At school I studied Pure Maths, Economics and History. However, please note that it doesn't really matter if you didnt even study the three disciplines (Philosophy Politics and Econ), that is not really what is expected of you as everything starts from scratch anyway. I didn't study Politics or Philosophy at school and I don't think that hindered my academic performance. What I found very very helpful though, especially since I want to major in Econ, is Maths- it is essential that you are good at Maths if you want to pursue majoring in Econ
Original post by zoe_ef
At school I studied Pure Maths, Economics and History. However, please note that it doesn't really matter if you didnt even study the three disciplines (Philosophy Politics and Econ), that is not really what is expected of you as everything starts from scratch anyway. I didn't study Politics or Philosophy at school and I don't think that hindered my academic performance. What I found very very helpful though, especially since I want to major in Econ, is Maths- it is essential that you are good at Maths if you want to pursue majoring in Econ

I got an offer, havent done maths since GCSE. Do economics and philosophy though. Do people who get in without maths a level tend to struggle?

Also, is the Warwick social life as bad as everyone says? Got to say that the PPE course at warwick does look better than everywhere else.
Reply 56
Are there many other people still waiting?
Original post by Beans277
I got an offer, havent done maths since GCSE. Do economics and philosophy though. Do people who get in without maths a level tend to struggle?

Also, is the Warwick social life as bad as everyone says? Got to say that the PPE course at warwick does look better than everywhere else.

Well, you have the choice to take on either Maths A or B. The gap between them is quite important (some would say 'yuuuge'), but Maths A is really feasible with very little knowledge. And it stills opens (if you combine it with Stats B during the second term, for instance) a great variety of modules for the subsequent years. I would not worry, if I were you.

As usual, it depends on what you want to get out of it. The PPE society is very active this year, organising loads of events and a number of socials, so let's hope it continues with the new execs team. There is a lot of societies and sports clubs you can join, nights out are decent-ish. I am not personally that much of a fan of clubbing, but if that's your thing, there is an offer. Not the most widespread and diverse of the UK, but still miles away from what people make of it.

If you got any other questions, hit me up!

(And you're right, the course is actually good!)
Reply 58
Got an offer today, basically an equivalent of an AAA in my education system. Could not be happier!
Reply 59
Anyone got rejections with high grades? I have A*A*A prediction with 10 A* at GCSE and AA at AS level and my school said my personal statement was very good so im quite confused why i got rejected? Ive seen some people on here with lower grades than me and got in, do you think i should email and ask?

Quick Reply

Latest