The Student Room Group

Is it biological or psychological to create a murderer?

I am doing this question for EPQ, and I was wondering what you think?
The question is done so much that you could probably find previous titles for it online
Do you believe it's purely biological or psychological? If so, why?
"To what extent", surely.
psychological?
I doubt it's either completely biological or completely psychological. In most cases, I'm pretty certain it's a combination of both.
Thank you! I also agree it's a combination of both!
Reply 7
We're all murderers by nature but we choose to not kill as it brings no benefits to us or those around us (especially if you're being murdered woops soz lad quick revive needed). It's clearly the most immoral thing you can do in life and obviously frowned up by society. So to answer your question - its biological that is developed psychologically with experiences of hate envy or jealousy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you believe murderers are made and if so, why?
ask Dr Adrian Raine. he is a biological psychologist who studied murderers' brains using MRI scans in 1997
well i'm doing this in psychology at the moment and there's a lot of influences - you could talk about the diathesis-stress model, which basically means you are genetically vulnerable to becoming a murderer (so you might have a 'criminal' gene or brain pattern) but this vulnerability requires an environmental 'stressor'/trauma to actually make you become a murderer. it's a pretty interesting topic!
Original post by electrahearts
well i'm doing this in psychology at the moment and there's a lot of influences - you could talk about the diathesis-stress model, which basically means you are genetically vulnerable to becoming a murderer (so you might have a 'criminal' gene or brain pattern) but this vulnerability requires an environmental 'stressor'/trauma to actually make you become a murderer. it's a pretty interesting topic!

Aw thank you that's very helpful!
Original post by Richard0328
ask Dr Adrian Raine. he is a biological psychologist who studied murderers' brains using MRI scans in 1997

Yes, he is very useful!

Quick Reply

Latest