The Student Room Group

Psychology degrees

I’m looking to apply to do a psychology degree next year but much prefer the biopsych and neuroscience aspect of it compared to topics such as social influence and attachment . It’s hard to tell based on course details, but could people suggest what universities involve more of a biological based approach to psychology in their courses
Reply 1
Original post by fayestubley
I’m looking to apply to do a psychology degree next year but much prefer the biopsych and neuroscience aspect of it compared to topics such as social influence and attachment . It’s hard to tell based on course details, but could people suggest what universities involve more of a biological based approach to psychology in their courses

hey! Look up neuropsych courses at Kent, Bristol and Essex :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by fayestubley

Keep in mind that if you do a BPS-accredited degree (which you need if you want to go into a career in psychology), courses tend to have very similar modules, as they need to meet the BPS standards. They have to cover biological, cognitive, developmental and social psychology modules. You could look for joint courses that are accredited, like this one: https://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/degrees/c8c1/.

Quick Reply

Latest