The Student Room Group

Sickened by the widespread paedophilia in the U.K.

Child-grooming gangs in the North being overlooked/covered up for many years, decades of top entertainment and political figures abusing their power and influence, and now all these victims coming forward in football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38260878

It really is sickening. The UK must be the worst country in the West for these kinds of crimes because I've never heard of anywhere else being this bad.

I dare say this is only the tip of the iceberg, and it's likely other domains are affected.
Reply 1
*alleged paedophillia.
Reply 3
Original post by Dodgypirate
The UK must be the worst country in the West for these kinds of crimes because I've never heard of anywhere else being this bad.

Same story, another way of looking at it:

Maybe the UK is the best country, because unlike "anywhere else", it's actually coming to light here and will be dealt with.
Pedophiles are tools to be used in labor camps then shot.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Child-grooming gangs in the North being overlooked/covered up for many years, decades of top entertainment and political figures abusing their power and influence, and now all these victims coming forward in football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38260878

It really is sickening. The UK must be the worst country in the West for these kinds of crimes because I've never heard of anywhere else being this bad.

I dare say this is only the tip of the iceberg, and it's likely other domains are affected.

Just because you havent heard of it doesnt mean it hasnt or isnt still continuing to happen. You have no idea whether its worse here than in other countries.

Lol@ you being sickened, not the first thing that comes to mind considering your MO of posting. You seem to revel in bringing an up to the minute account of any sex offender stories. If you are that concerned then go and do some volunteer work.

BTW 90% of child sexual abuse is by a family member or someone they know accourding to the NSPCC.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Drewski

Maybe the UK is the best country, because unlike "anywhere else", it's actually coming to light here and will be dealt with.

Exactly what I was going to say. At least we are now doing something about it. We don't know if other countries don't have this problem or are just simply not addresssing it and keeping it covered.
Reply 7
Original post by Drewski

Christ, that's a depressing thought, have you seen the state the IICSA is in?
Original post by Lord Samosa
Exactly what I was going to say. At least we are now doing something about it. We don't know if other countries don't have this problem or are just simply not addresssing it and keeping it covered.

Or they are addressing it but dodgypirate doesn't read the local newspapers in Dortmund or Kansas City

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nulli tertius
Or they are addressing it but dodgypirate doesn't read the local newspapers in Dortmund or Kansas City

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which is much more likely. If it involved muslims then he would be in like a shot.

The point Drewski made is very valid and one of the difficulties associated with analysing crime statistics. Only idiots and very dim people draw instant conclusions without examining the data, analysing it and putting it into context. Its always wise to look at whether the claim you are making is reasonably supported by the data, which is a trait unknown to people constantly posting from the likes of the Daily Express or youtube videos of csome conspuracy theorist filming from their bedroom.

Perhaps dodgy pirate would like to bless us and elaborate on his views about the state of child abuse in the UK? You would be very naive to think it hasnt been going on forever, pretty much like any other crime.
Original post by Drewski

You're right. It still makes me sick though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending