The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Seriously - I really hate waiting

If you are understaffed, please spend a bit more of money hiring more to sort things out. Don't keep people waiting and stressed out. I really hate waiting, waiting, waiting and waiting.
It's the same at every university - the entire system has slowly been taken over by an army of "administrators" and "support staff" who somehow seem to command better pay and job security than the people who actually fulfil the function of a university (i.e. academics who teach and research), and yet simultaneously seem to be so incredibly inefficient that they just have to keep hiring more and more of them. And it's the students who suffer as a result, waiting and waiting for some administrator to push a button that confirms a place/accommodation/funding.

It's exactly the same in the NHS.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
It's the same at every university - the entire system has slowly been taken over by an army of "administrators" and "support staff" who somehow seem to command better pay and job security than the people who actually fulfil the function of a university (i.e. academics who teach and research), and yet simultaneously seem to be so incredibly inefficient that they just have to keep hiring more and more of them. And it's the students who suffer as a result, waiting and waiting for some administrator to push a button that confirms a place/accommodation/funding.

It's exactly the same in the NHS.

It's sickening, indeed.
Reply 3
Having been a PG at this university for nearly 2 years and the issue simply seems to get worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending