The Student Room Group

CfE Higher Graphic Communication 2016/2017

Can't find a Graph Com thread so I thought I would start one. I'm crashing it in 6th year and am finding it okay so far, predicted a B. What are you all doing for your assignments? We're about to start ours. Hopefully this thread will become a place for questions and support.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ferm4t
Can't find a Graph Com thread so I thought I would start one. I'm crashing it in 6th year and am finding it okay so far, predicted a B. What are you all doing for your assignments? We're about to start ours. Hopefully this thread will become a place for questions and support.

My class is doing a reception desk, something along the lines of this:
http://parkmains.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Reception-desk-Exemplar.pdf
Reply 2
Original post by LewisKelly343

I did the reception desk project last year, and had the same exemplar to follow. Although we were told that the work in there was to a higher standard than would be expected of a Higher student so I wouldn't be concerned about how posh all that looks and how much is on there.
Reply 3

We are doing the reception desk as well. That's a great exemplar you linked, im not really sure what to do.
(edited 7 years ago)
Do you guys know of it has to be for a gym, or if it is just a reception desk, because i thought about doing it for a music studio or record company and i'm not sure.
Reply 5
Do you guys know of it has to be for a gym, or if it is just a reception desk, because i thought about doing it for a music studio or record company and i'm not sure.

I think it has to be one of the SQA approved ones, but i'm not entirely sure.
Original post by ferm4t
I think it has to be one of the SQA approved ones, but i'm not entirely sure.

Thanks man, checked the SQA site and it states "sports" so i think as long as it is sport related.
Thanks man, checked the SQA site and it states "sports" so i think as long as it is sport related.

Started My Assignment now and we have been given the same Brief as the one in the exemplar. Also, turns out that the teacher isn't allowed to show that exemplar because it got full marks, lucky i managed to find it myself. :biggrin:
Reply 8
What do you guys think could come up in the exam this year?
Reply 9
Original post by QueenEM
What do you guys think could come up in the exam this year?

Your guess is as good as mine, the 2016 and 2015 cfe higher past papers are completely different. 2016 only had one proper 3D modeling question yet 2015 had 4, wtf sqa???
Reply 10
I know its so random!! Im worried about the questions where you have to section something and apply hatching lines but im not sure if thats always guaranteed to come up in the exam
Reply 11
Original post by QueenEM
I know its so random!! Im worried about the questions where you have to section something and apply hatching lines but im not sure if thats always guaranteed to come up in the exam

Honestly I don't have a clue what to expect. Hoping there will be some easy dtp questions and stuff on location, site and floor plans. Hatching question was in 2016 but not 2015 so I don't think one will come up. Do you think there will be questions asking specifically for design elements and some asking specifically for design principles? I really hope not cause it's such a grey area and every list I look at is different...
Reply 12
Hoping the paper is literally all DTP
Reply 13
Original post by kmuffin
Honestly I don't have a clue what to expect. Hoping there will be some easy dtp questions and stuff on location, site and floor plans. Hatching question was in 2016 but not 2015 so I don't think one will come up. Do you think there will be questions asking specifically for design elements and some asking specifically for design principles? I really hope not cause it's such a grey area and every list I look at is different...

Aw yeah I know I only realised today they could ask them as twwo separate things thought they were always grouped together. There's no way to tell whats going to come up since theres only been two papers its actually so frustrating. Least we know dtp will come up
Reply 14
that paper was a gift folks thank u SQA
Reply 15
Original post by yeolk
that paper was a gift folks thank u SQA

I know, soooo good😊
Reply 16
what did you guys put as your answer for the auxillary shape question?
Reply 17
Original post by QueenEM

top right one
Reply 18
Original post by QueenEM

bottom right
Reply 19
Original post by ferm4t
bottom right

yeah same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending