The Student Room Group

Should I drop adv higher maths?

I'm an S6 student planning to study computer science or software engineering at uni and I'm currently taking advanced higher Maths, higher Computing (crashing), higher Graphic Communication and higher ESOL. Last year I took higher Maths, English, Geography, Biology, and Chemistry. I got all B's and one C in Chemistry. I didn't get the grades for the courses I applied to but I'm trying to get 3 A's this year so I can get into the courses I want. Most of them ask for 1 or 2 A's and one asks for 3 A's so i'm aiming to get 3.
I failed my mock exam for advanced higher maths and I feel like it's weighing me down a lot. I'm thinking of dropping it so I can focus on getting 3 A's in the other 3 highers I took. I'm teaching myself everything in computing already since I have really bad teachers so that's tough already but do you think it's worth keeping up the maths since it's sort of relevant to my uni course? or should I drop maths even though it's kinda late in the year and aim for 3 A's using my other subjects? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending