The Student Room Group

Fine art or graphics (Help Me)

I'm currently only 2 weeks from choosing my GCSEs and i can't decide between graphic communication and fine art,pls give me your opinions as all my art teachers have divided opinions on which one I should take
Original post by VITRO
I'm currently only 2 weeks from choosing my GCSEs and i can't decide between graphic communication and fine art,pls give me your opinions as all my art teachers have divided opinions on which one I should take
Hi @VITRO

I studied fine art for GCSE, but didn't have the graphic communication option.

I enjoyed fine art a lot, but I also didn't really know my art style at the time so this was a good option for me to be able to try lots of areas of art and design. I can't speak for graphic communication, but there is quite a lot of work that goes into fine art GCSE as there's lots of coursework to complete. I would imagine you also have some coursework for graphics too?

I would say your main thought in your decision is whether you want to narrow down your style/type of art and design to a graphic environment now, or whether you want to study art on a broader level?

Good luck with your decision! 🙂
Emily
Student Rep at BCU
Reply 2
Thank you so much,and I think after your reply and talks with my art teachers I've come to the decision of taking fine art for my gcses

Quick Reply

Latest