The Student Room Group

AJ's Winter 2017 Anime Preview

Time flies, and while the Autumn series still feel new to me, some have started to end already. :zomg: Meanwhile, plenty of information is starting to roll out on the Winter series that are due to replace them here's what we have to look forward to in early 2017!

(These series are all due to air in the first few weeks of January. If you're looking for something to watch between now and then, maybe check last season's preview thread for some ideas!)

~~~

ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

Akiba's Trip The Animation

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen

BanG Dream!

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari

Chaos;Child

Chou Yuu Sekai: Being the Reality

Demi-chan wa Kataritai

elDLIVE

Fuuka

Gabriel DropOut

Gintama (2017)

Granblue Fantasy The Animation

Hand Shakers

Idol Jihen

Kemono Friends

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

2 Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!

Kuzu no Honkai

Little Witch Academia

Marginal#4 KISS Kara Tsukuru Big Bang

Masamune-kun no Revenge

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu

Nanbaka S2

Onihei

Reikenzan: Eichi e no Shikaku

Rewrite 2nd Season: Moon Hen / Terra

Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel

Seiren

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi Hen

Spiritpact

2 Super Lovers

2 Tales of Zestiria the X

Urara Meirochou

Youjo Senki

Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation

~~~

All the info has been sourced from Anichart, AniDB, Youtube and MAL. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for new information for the ones that don't have much yet. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Watching:

Urara Meirochou

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi Hen

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari

Little Witch Academia

Yowamushi Pedal: New Generation

Onihei

ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

Masamune-kun no Revenge

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon

Kuzu no Honkai

Chaos;Child

Gabriel DropOut

Dropped:

Fuuka

Spiritpact

Idol Jihen

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu

Seiren

Nanbaka S2

Hand Shakers

Tales of Zestiria the X 2

Kemono Friends

Akiba's Trip The Animation

Youjo Senki

Demi-chan wa Kataritai

Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel

Marginal#4 KISS Kara Tsukuru Big Bang

Rewrite 2nd Season: Moon Hen / Terra Hen
(edited 7 years ago)
As usual i'll watch them after they have aired in case they turn out to be rubbish. Only 2 items this season though which is disappointing:
ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
Kuzu no Honkai
Added details for Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari, which wasn't listed on AniChart. That's my excuse, anyway. :p:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Added details for Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari, which wasn't listed on AniChart. That's my excuse, anyway. :p:

:bump:
Added airdate (January 14th) for Rewrite S2.

Turns out this is airing early, which might explain why it wasn't listed on AniChart for Winter - both the first movie and the first ep of the TV series of Chain Chronicle are due to start streaming this Friday on Crunchyroll (dub scheduled for later via Funimation). :zomg: Despite the article later saying that the TV anime premiers in January. :hmmmm2: I likely won't bother with this if the stream dates are all over the place, at least not until it's over.
(edited 7 years ago)
According to Charapedia's poll, Gintama is the most anticipated series of the coming season in Japan, followed by KonoSuba and Ao no Exorcist. No real surprises there, they're sequels to popular shows.

The article also lets you vote for your most anticipated series for ANN's separate poll - my vote went to KonoSuba. :yes:
Hmm, when is Attack On Titans season 2 coming out again?
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Hmm, when is Attack On Titans season 2 coming out again?

Spring 2017, so April. Assuming it doesn't get pushed back again. :yes: (source)

I swear, all these new shows on offer, and each season most of the posts/questions I get are about completely different series. :grumble: :p:
Nice list!
Shame there seems to be no good shoujo being released, those are my favourite. :redface:
I will be sad when 'kiss him not me' is finished.:cry:
Spring 2017, so April. Assuming it doesn't get pushed back again. :yes: (source)

I swear, all these new shows on offer, and each season most of the posts/questions I get are about completely different series. :grumble: :p:

YAY! That's not too far away
I'm not interested in new animes...

I'm just finishing psycho pass and then im gonna be asking for more animes... so be wary of that :biggrin:

I'll be nagging you on the anime society soon...
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Nice list!
Shame there seems to be no good shoujo being released, those are my favourite. :redface:
I will be sad when 'kiss him not me' is finished.:cry:

Yeah, there does seem to be a real lack of shoujo, with only Marginal#4 getting the tag (and that doesn't look or sound overly original). :s:
Yeah, there does seem to be a real lack of shoujo, with only Marginal#4 getting the tag (and that doesn't look or sound overly original). :s:

Same it is not easy to find a good shoujo many are cliche and boring. :redface:
But spring usually brings shoujo so let's hope.
TBH I only just got back into anime, I went off it for like a year so maybe there were some good ones in other seasons that I missed. :console:
Disappointing news for anyone looking forward to Granblue Fantasy - it has been delayed until the Spring season (April). It will however be getting a one-off TV special in January.
Streaming announcements: :blow:

S2 of Tales of Zestiria the X will be available on Daisuki.

S2 of Rewrite, S2 of Ao no Exorcist and Granblue Fantasy (in April) will be available on both Crunchyroll and Daisuki, along with the TV special Fate/Grand Order: First Order.
Trailers added for Gintama (2017), Urara Meirochou and Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu; replaced for Rewrite S2, Reikenzan S2 and Schoolgirl Strikers.

Quick Reply

Latest