The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

uni of brighton or portsmouth?

i'm looking to study animation at either uni of brighton or uni of portsmouth this year. if anyone knows anything about the course at either of the unis that would be great but i'd appreciate any general information about the uni and student life there, what the campuses are like, the environment, culture etc.
Hi @hamzamir03, make sure to check out our Student Life webpages to get a sense of the place. We also have a number of student takeovers on our Instagram page, though none for animation yet. However we do have this graduate story video from Animation graduate Emily Bisset on her time studying with us, and how it's helped her become a freelance 3D artist.

You can also chat to some of our current students on Unibuddy 😁

I hope that's helpful, please do let me know if you have any more questions! Lauren, from the University of Portsmouth
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by hamzamir03
i'm looking to study animation at either uni of brighton or uni of portsmouth this year. if anyone knows anything about the course at either of the unis that would be great but i'd appreciate any general information about the uni and student life there, what the campuses are like, the environment, culture etc.

Hi @hamzamir03

Our current animation student Amy will be more than happy to talk to you about the course offered at Brighton and about the city etc :smile: Feel free to get in contact with her via the course page pop-up here.

You can check out the Art Design Architecture and Media student blog to see some of their current work and the latest news from our students.

When you graduate you will be qualified to work in industries such as advertising, events, television, games, theatre and film in roles including:

animator
illustrator
motion graphics designer
creative media producer
content creator
digital artist
VFX artist

The University of Brighton is at the heart of our city’s reputation as a welcoming, forward-thinking place which leads the way when it comes to the arts, music, sustainability and creative technology. Brighton is home to a thriving creative community and a digital sector worth £1bn a year. Many of the work-based learning opportunities offered on our courses such as placements, live briefs and guest lectures are provided by businesses and organisations based in the city.

We provide support and venues for key events in the city’s arts calendar including the Brighton Festival, the Festival Fringe, the Great Escape, the Brighton Digital Festival, Brighton Photo Biennial and the Cinecity Brighton Film Festival. Other annual highlights include Pride, the Brighton Marathon, and Burning the Clocks which marks the winter solstice. Our own Brighton Graduate Show transforms our campus into the largest exhibition space in the South East as we celebrate the outstanding talent and creativity of our students.

As a student you’ll get lots of opportunities to experience these events at first hand and to develop your skills through the volunteering and other opportunities they offer.

You'll find living in Brighton enriches your learning experience and by the end of your course you will still be finding new things to explore and inspire you.

I hope this is helpful :biggrin:

All the best with your studies!

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending