The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Accommodation at Uni of Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by existential
The location and facilities made me choose it more than anything so I just hope it is fairly sociable too, but I guess it depends who I share with. Thank you so much :smile:

Hi just wondering if you regretted this accommodation as I’m looking at staying there in 2018 but I’m a really sociable and party person so don’t want boring accommodation!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Hi Laura! I'm coming to Leeds to study Theatre in 2018 - what advice can you give me? I'd really like a sociable accommodation, self catered and an en suite if possible - just getting a little stressed because I need to apply before I go on holiday. Any advice at all would be so helpful thank you x
Original post by LauraM1997
If anyone needs help with university of leeds accommodation and which one to pick, i currently am a first year here and i've been around to loads of my friends accommodations and can tell you which is the most sociable / good work environment / furthest out / ensuites / room sizes etc. Feel free to message me i'd love to help xxx laura

Laura you beauty, I’ve been needing something like this! Lack of replies to my thread, or well, useful replies.

I am looking to start Computer Science in 2018 and qould like some advice on which halls are best? Ideally I’d like to be near lectures, gym on campus or near by, close to wherever the nightlife is, and have a very social atmosphere. In terms of rooms I would want an en suite with my OWN bathroom and self catered.

Importance for halls:
1) social activity
2) good gym close
3) walking distance (I’m lazy so by this i don’t mean like a 15/20 minute walk) to lectures

Also, iwill be going with my girlfriend and im not sure how we will apply yet but what are the chances of being able to stay in the same flat (different rooms, same flat)

Any advice would be appreciated!
If anyone needs help with university of leeds accommodation and which one to pick, i currently am a first year here and i've been around to loads of my friends accommodations and can tell you which is the most sociable / good work environment / furthest out / ensuites / room sizes etc. Feel free to message me i'd love to help xxx laura

Hi! I was thinking of going for the smaller residences that are like little flats or small detached houses, do you know if they're of a good quality and generally far from the uni? Thanks!
Hey I am applying for 2018, my favourite accommodation so far is: Sentinel Towers, Henry Price and Leodis. Would anyone be able to tell me which is the most social? I havent seen much about sentinel towers at all, so if anyone could tell me about that it would be great?
My course will be quite intense so I would like to be close to everything, I would like an en-suite ( I dont mind sharing with one other person), and I would like to be sharing a flat with more than 4 people (preferably). So if anyone knows any accommodation that fits that as well that would be great too?
Thank you!!! :smile:
Hi Laura...i am in my grade 12 year..and hopefully I m going to get offer from Leeds. Until then I would like to hear from you about the best ensuite accommodation at the university. Thank you
Original post by Chloe Pitchman
Hey I am applying for 2018, my favourite accommodation so far is: Sentinel Towers, Henry Price and Leodis. Would anyone be able to tell me which is the most social? I havent seen much about sentinel towers at all, so if anyone could tell me about that it would be great?
My course will be quite intense so I would like to be close to everything, I would like an en-suite ( I dont mind sharing with one other person), and I would like to be sharing a flat with more than 4 people (preferably). So if anyone knows any accommodation that fits that as well that would be great too?
Thank you!!! :smile:

These are my top three as well for accommodation. I didn’t think it would be so difficult trying to choose one but with so many contrasting views on each of them its hard to know which to go with. I think Sentinel Towers is my top but apparently isn’t very sociable but others have said it depends who you are sharing with which is making my choosing harder. If anyone has experience with any of them I’d appreciate any information you have:smile:
Original post by lucymaejennings
These are my top three as well for accommodation. I didn’t think it would be so difficult trying to choose one but with so many contrasting views on each of them its hard to know which to go with. I think Sentinel Towers is my top but apparently isn’t very sociable but others have said it depends who you are sharing with which is making my choosing harder. If anyone has experience with any of them I’d appreciate any information you have:smile:

Yeah I think I am starting to favour montague burton and leodis, because they sound more social. I do really like henry price too, but it is in such high demand.
Original post by Chloe Pitchman
Yeah I think I am starting to favour montague burton and leodis, because they sound more social. I do really like henry price too, but it is in such high demand.

Yeah I’m liking the look of Leodis too and yeah I’ve read about Henry Price being quick to run out of accommodation because of its popularity. I’m just hoping to have it sorted out soon. Apparently theres a viewing for the accommodation April time but that seems a bit too close to the deadline for accommodation which is annoying
Reply 49

Hi Laura, I’m hoping to go to Leeds uni in september and I’m wondering about accomodation; I’m quite outgoing so would like social and fun people, I would also like an ensuite and somewhere that’s outside campus, say 15 - 20 min walk away. It would be self catered too! Any suggestions?
Reply 50
Does anyone know anything about North Hill court
Reply 51

I'm really struggling with picking a hall as i'll need to be close to town as there's the possibility of a cathedral scholarship as a singer, which would mean having to be there a lot for rehearsals however I'm very sociable and everything I'm reading online seems to point me towards James Baille for this, but I don't know if that would make such a lot of travel quite difficult. Devonshire Hall seems a good choice as apparently it's musical but I don't think I'd want to live in a cliquey environment.

Thanks
Izzie
Original post by ismu2203
I'm really struggling with picking a hall as i'll need to be close to town as there's the possibility of a cathedral scholarship as a singer, which would mean having to be there a lot for rehearsals however I'm very sociable and everything I'm reading online seems to point me towards James Baille for this, but I don't know if that would make such a lot of travel quite difficult. Devonshire Hall seems a good choice as apparently it's musical but I don't think I'd want to live in a cliquey environment.

Thanks
Izzie

James Baillie is a 20 minute walk from campus if that helps.
I actually didn't go down the halls route (left it too late - don't do that) and looked towards the private accommodation stuff available, and was recommended a website called Campusboard and it was so helpful for me, so just thought I'd pass on the wisdom!
Reply 54

Hi Laura, I am a prospective law student at the University of Leeds and I was wondering if you could offer some advice on my accommodation choices? Recently, I have been looking at Central Village and I really like the look of it... what are your thoughts?
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey guys!! I'm going to be at Uni of Leeds for study abroad next semester and I'm also trying to choose between some accommodations. I'm quite a social person so I would prefer to go to a more social accommodation to get the full experience. Some of my choices are: Central Village, Charles Morris, Cityside, Leodis, Sentinal Towers and the Tannery. I read that CV is not as social compared to Charles Morris, but can anyone tell me a bit more about the other accommodations like Cityside?

Thanks! xx
how would you compare cityside, leodis and montague for social side, location and quality of flats. Or just whats the general opinion of each from people who stay there

which accommodations are the most social, and are in the uni campus or within a shortish walking distance of them? thanks
Original post by matt_bryan99
how would you compare cityside, leodis and montague for social side, location and quality of flats. Or just whats the general opinion of each from people who stay there

They’re all completely different. Cityside is on the higher end of the scale when it comes to pricetag. How sociable it is, is always dependant on the sort of people in your flat. Haven’t heard it being particularly sociable but it’s just on the outskirts of campus and also the most centrally-located halls University of Leeds offers. Very close to all the clubs/bars in town and a 5 minute walk to the students union is perfect from Friday nights. You also get what you pay for.. quality of rooms is unquestionable as all the flats are finished to the highest possible standard with it being the newest of the three.
Leodis on the other hand is right in the middle price-wise and that reflects in the quality of rooms/common room. I lived there myself as a fresher and it’s probably one if not the most sociable halls Leeds has to offer. 8 different blocks, over 700 rooms, you will meet loads of people if that’s your thing. Location is quite good, on the outskirts of the city but close enough for nights out etc. 10 minutes away from the Uni and another 10-15 to the city centre.
Then montague burton is the cheapest of them all. Heard there’s a refurbishment going on in some of the flats for the 2018 start but not guaranteed you’ll get one of those. Location is quite good, near Leodis but just a bit closer to the Uni than Leodis. So a 5 minute walk is all you’ll need. Social life is actually quite good, although I’ve heard that many international students choose that. Leodis is the one you want to go if you want to mix with more UK students as montague burton and central village have a high percentage of international students. Quality of rooms is questionable because of the shared bathroom situation but I’ve heard it’s just alright.
Wish you luck in whatever you’re choosing!
(edited 5 years ago)
anyone interested in switching a room in sentinel towers Leeds for city side?

Quick Reply

Latest