The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds

Hi friends,

I received an offer from the University of Leeds for a finance related courses.

I am concerned about the cost-of-living aspects in the city.

Is the university located in a city center or is it closely surrounded by villages.

How about accommodation facilities, transportation aspects etc.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi friends,
Is the university located in a city center or is it closely surrounded by villages.

Hi, the University itself is located right in the city centre. However, whichever accommodation you chose will effect the affordability. Some are more rural and therefore cheaper, but transportation costs will incur.
Ways to help increase your funds is by, looking into the Leeds Bursary if your parents combined earnings are less than £36,000. You could also look into getting a part time job.
Hope this helps :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi friends,

Hi not at leeds but was planning to go there and used live very close. The uni is about 10-15 mins walk from the center. The accommodation isn’t inside the city but will be close by. Tbh the transport is terrible, but walking to places isn’t the end of the world. There’s only really buses and bicycles for transport. The city isn’t London expensive if ur wanting to expirence some type of social aspect; bars and clubs, there a lot to do in that area, drinks aren’t cheap but cheaper then Manchester for example. It’s one of the cheaper city unis for sure.its a good uni for sure

Quick Reply

Latest