The Student Room Group

Sertraline side effects from hell

I am on my 3rd day of sertraline and the side effects are awful. I feel really spaced and just can't concentrate was wondering if anyone has had the same and how long they will last
Original post by missanxiety
I am on my 3rd day of sertraline and the side effects are awful. I feel really spaced and just can't concentrate was wondering if anyone has had the same and how long they will last

That's pretty common for sertraline. Annoyingly it can take a little while for the side effects to wear off. I'd say to give it two weeks or so. Is it possible that this difficulty concentrating could be linked to the underlying depression? It is a very frequent symptom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Sertraline made me feel like I was high, was way too hyper on it. Made me feel manic. Swapped it for Citalopram. Much better
(edited 7 years ago)
I know it sucks, but three days isn't long - give it at least 2 weeks, ideally 3 and the effects should start to subside! I had bad side effects for almost 6 weeks but it now works wonders for me!!
Original post by missanxiety

I experienced similar side effects when I started Fluoxetine - no concentration, really spaced out, stomach pains, sickness, no appetite - but they do pass eventually. Like others have said, give it a few weeks and if you're still having problems then speak to your GP about swapping to a different AD.

Quick Reply

Latest