The Student Room Group

A Levels

Hey,

I have my place in the sixth form that I wish to attend but I was just wondering your opinion on my chosen courses. Can they lead me to a variety of jobs? (I am unsure what career I wish to pursue)
The courses that I am taking are Maths, Physics, Politics and Economics.

Please offer your opinion:smile:

Hazel
Maths and Physics lead to a variety of courses, obviously including maths and physics, but also engineering, economics, accountancy etc. Funnily enough, plenty of economics degrees do not require economics a level, instead asking for maths/physics/further maths.
Your options are fine for a wide range of careers and show you're skilled in several areas.
Reply 2
Thank you! This was helpful!
Reply 3
Maths and Physics are considered respectable subjects or 'informed choices' as the Russell Group call it.

Economics and Maths go hand in hand, you can go into any kind of mathematical or business related field i.e. an accountant or something to do with marketing..
Politics is also handy if you wanted to go into civil services or even a legal degree.

They're really good subjects and they're open to a load of jobs!
Reply 4
Great subjects! I got A in AS politics, so feel free to ask me anything about it at AS-level. :smile:

These A-levels can lead to a degree and career in mathematics, physics, economics, finance, astrophysics, astronomy, engineering, accounting, business, management, politics, international relations or computer science.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
I would reckon Economics, Accounting, Maths and Computer Science/IT

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by k019
Maths and Physics are considered respectable subjects or 'informed choices' as the Russell Group call it.

Economics and Maths go hand in hand, you can go into any kind of mathematical or business related field i.e. an accountant or something to do with marketing..
Politics is also handy if you wanted to go into civil services or even a legal degree.

They're really good subjects and they're open to a load of jobs!

Thank you! I'm glad that they all are useful!
Reply 7
Original post by Michiyo
Great subjects! I got A in AS politics, so feel free to ask me anything about it at AS-level. :smile:

These A-levels can lead to a degree and career in mathematics, physics, economics, finance, astrophysics, astronomy, engineering, accounting, business, management, politics, international relations or computer science.

Thank you!
I might take you up on that:smile:

Hazel

Quick Reply

Latest