The Student Room Group

Conditional offer

I got several conditional offers and they offered me a place. For example, ABB for A levels. Does this mean they want me to score only an ABB in the A level examination or is the combination of both A level and my previous AS Level examinations?
Conditional offers will normally only cover any pending qualifications.

What are the exact and full wordings of your offers?
I'll tell you one I got from University of Glasgow (I've done the IELTS and gotten 8.0, so forego that part.)
"This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A level Grades AAA including Mathematics plus IELTS overall score 6.5 with no subtest less than 6. This offer is based on International Fee Status and your declaration that you will require a visa to study in the UK."
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by spacetimeduality
I'll tell you one I got from University of Glasgow (I've done the IELTS and gotten 8.0, so forego that part.)
"This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A level Grades AAA including Mathematics plus IELTS overall score 6.5 with no subtest less than 6. This offer is based on International Fee Status and your declaration that you will require a visa to study in the UK."

That states A level grades so only A level grades will count towards the conditions
Original post by PQ
That states A level grades so only A level grades will count towards the conditions

That means only my grade 12 A level exam right? Not the aggregate of AS and A level exam, mentioned usually by Cambridge which counts as 50% AS and 50% A level right?
Original post by spacetimeduality
That means only my grade 12 A level exam right? Not the aggregate of AS and A level exam, mentioned usually by Cambridge which counts as 50% AS and 50% A level right?

If you’re taking international A levels then your A level grades will be made up of both AS and A2 modules.

A2 modules on their own aren’t a qualification.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending