The Student Room Group

British Council Language Assistants 2017/18

Scroll to see replies

Hey I've been allocated to the region of Aix-Marseille but not in Marseille itself!
Reply 201
Original post by eb12345
Received allocation of schools today for France. Been placed in Marseille which is great! Anyone nearby?

Did you receive an email from the school itself? Or was it just from the British Council telling you the region you'll be going to?

Just wondering as, although I'm going to Spain, it seems as if we find out a few days after France but I suppose now it's all in the hands of individual schools so we can't really guess a time!
Original post by Y2J97
Did you receive an email from the school itself? Or was it just from the British Council telling you the region you'll be going to?

Just wondering as, although I'm going to Spain, it seems as if we find out a few days after France but I suppose now it's all in the hands of individual schools so we can't really guess a time!

Well for me who's going to France I got an email from the British council at the end of May telling me I had been allocated to the region of Marseille, then just a few days ago or so I got an email in french basically from the contact in France to tell me the town I'm going to be teaching in. I think after they allocate you, the British council takes a step back and you move on to just mainly communicating with the contact/tutor that's been assigned to you in the country you're going to, if that makes any sense 🙄
Reply 203
Original post by Martina_xoxo
Well for me who's going to France I got an email from the British council at the end of May telling me I had been allocated to the region of Marseille, then just a few days ago or so I got an email in french basically from the contact in France to tell me the town I'm going to be teaching in. I think after they allocate you, the British council takes a step back and you move on to just mainly communicating with the contact/tutor that's been assigned to you in the country you're going to, if that makes any sense 🙄

Yeah, makes sense to me :smile: That's what I thought. Just a waiting game now since it's in the hands of the schools in the country now!
Anyone going to Spain this year, there's a Facebook page called British Council Language Assistants Spain 2017 - 2018. It looks like people are finding out their schools & trying to find other language assistants who are going to be nearby 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OpalTurtle
Anyone going to Spain this year, there's a Facebook page called British Council Language Assistants Spain 2017 - 2018. It looks like people are finding out their schools & trying to find other language assistants who are going to be nearby 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope there's one created for France soon as well, hoping to find other assistants in the same region as me 🙁
I hope there's one created for France soon as well, hoping to find other assistants in the same region as me 🙁

Haha after thinking about it for ages I decided to create it myself!! It's called British Council Language Assistants France 2017-2018 for anyone who's interested! Would be great if people could join!
Just got the details of the school a few days ago - exciting. But still nothing about the ICPC?
Original post by medbh4805
Just got the details of the school a few days ago - exciting. But still nothing about the ICPC?

It may be that they are sending out the ICPC emails in batches depending on country.

It can't hurt to send a quick email to BC and check with them. That will not only put your mind at ease but also safeguard against the possibility that there has been an issue with emails not reaching you, especially in view of their dire warnings about revoking offers if the ICPC doesn't reach them by their deadline.

Check your junk folder!! Might have been sitting there for a while because that happened to me
Reply 210
what is the deadline for the ICPC check?
Original post by aac131
what is the deadline for the ICPC check?

It may vary depending on country.

For my daughter, going to France, it's 11 July.
Reply 212
Original post by mairibocker
Hey I've been allocated Guadeloupe, anyone else there or in the Caribbean?

Heya,
I have been placed in Guadeloupe too; glad I'm not the only one!
Reply 213
Haha after thinking about it for ages I decided to create it myself!! It's called British Council Language Assistants France 2017-2018 for anyone who's interested! Would be great if people could join!

Thanks for doing this! I've just sent my request to join the group :smile:
Not a problem! If you know anyone who's a part of the British council programme please let them know!
What to do when the principal of my school + the district won't reply to my emails or follow up emails? :s-smilie:
What to do when the principal of my school + the district won't reply to my emails or follow up emails? :s-smilie:

Wait, unfortunately. It's not uncommon for school's to not reply over the summer
Is there no way of getting a NIE without having accommodation, does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OpalTurtle
Is there no way of getting a NIE without having accommodation, does anyone know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As far as I know, no. The NIE is generated when you register to get your Certificado de registro de ciudadano de la Union, and that shows your address.

If you have a temporary address then maybe that would work, but you'd probably have to go back and change it later which would be more hassle.

I wouldn't worry too much - once you have the details it's issued the same day. But it might be worth checking the appointments and making one now. Some areas have long waits for appointments, especially at this time of year, so could be a good idea to get booked in in advance on the assumption that you'll have the accommodation sorted by the time you go.
Original post by sophia5892
As far as I know, no. The NIE is generated when you register to get your Certificado de registro de ciudadano de la Union, and that shows your address.

If you have a temporary address then maybe that would work, but you'd probably have to go back and change it later which would be more hassle.

I wouldn't worry too much - once you have the details it's issued the same day. But it might be worth checking the appointments and making one now. Some areas have long waits for appointments, especially at this time of year, so could be a good idea to get booked in in advance on the assumption that you'll have the accommodation sorted by the time you go.

Thanks so much for replying! I think I'm just getting myself worried over nothing haha everything is such a hassle, but thanks for your help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending