The Student Room Group

British Council English Language Assistants 2024/2025

Hi, I have applied for the 2024/2025 ELA programme and I was wondering if anybody here has also applied?

Scroll to see replies

Hi Yes, I have applied for colombia, spain and outre mer, what about you?
Original post by Florian951
Hi Yes, I have applied for colombia, spain and outre mer, what about you?

Hi, I applied for Hong Kong, France and Spain. I could not apply for Colombia because I don't speak Spanish but it sounds great and I hope you get to go there.
Thank you! I hope you get to where you wanna be as well! Do you have to interview for Hong Kong? And do you know how long after interview we would hear back? Weirdly this is the only thread I could find for this years applicants whereas there seemed to be multiple for previous years
Thanks! Yes I had to interview a couple of weeks ago. It was my first one-way interview so it felt a bit strange at first. I just hope I did ok. How did you find it?
Not sure when we will hear whether we've been shortlisted or not but I think it's meant to be by early May so fingers crossed it is not any later. I know being shortlisted doesn't guarantee a place but it would still be nice to know.
Yes I was surprised there was no thread for this year and that's why I started this one. Let's hope other applicants join us soon.
Hey! I applied to just Spain so nervous waiting to see if I’ve been successful or not I am finishing my degree so it’s not like it’s my year abroad where the students are prioritised ! Have any of you heard?
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by 01111magic
Hey! I applied to just Spain so nervous waiting to see if I’ve been successful or not I am finishing my degree so it’s not like it’s my year abroad where the students are prioritised ! Have any of you heard?

Hi, no I haven't heard anything yet. I think it is still a bit early considering some candidates had to have interviews only a few weeks ago, so we are probably going to have to wait a bit longer. Also depends on how many applications the BC received I guess. Are you absolutely set on Spain then?
Original post by Springchicken86
Hi, no I haven't heard anything yet. I think it is still a bit early considering some candidates had to have interviews only a few weeks ago, so we are probably going to have to wait a bit longer. Also depends on how many applications the BC received I guess. Are you absolutely set on Spain then?

Hey, yeah I think maybe we will hear back at the end of the month at earliest. So I did want to apply to the South American countries however my uni advised me not too bc they said I wouldn’t get prioritised as it’s not my year abroad. So yeah set on Spain 🇪🇸 hopefully you will hear back from your interview soon! I know there’s a Facebook group for Spain but it’s just about visas
Hey, yeah I think maybe we will hear back at the end of the month at earliest. So I did want to apply to the South American countries however my uni advised me not too bc they said I wouldn’t get prioritised as it’s not my year abroad. So yeah set on Spain 🇪🇸 hopefully you will hear back from your interview soon! I know there’s a Facebook group for Spain but it’s just about visas

I have also applied for spain, I hope we get it!!
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Original post by Pokemonmonkey

fab me too! what were your preferences? mine was catalunya, asturias, madrid
Original post by Pokemonmonkey

i hope you get it good luck!
fab me too! what were your preferences? mine was catalunya, asturias, madrid

oh nice I also chose Catalonia as my first, then madrid and Balearic Islands. any particular reason for your order of choices?
I've applied for France! I'm super nervous and a bit confused about the whole process but am really excited at the possibility of living in France for a year!
Original post by hannahhb
I've applied for France! I'm super nervous and a bit confused about the whole process but am really excited at the possibility of living in France for a year!

Hi, I am a bit nervous too because we have to wait to know whether we have been shortlisted and then we have to wait again to know if we are definitely allocated to a school/centre, and this doesn't give us much time to find an alternative if unsuccessful. Where in France are your preferences?
Ive applied to france, does anyone know how were supposed to fill out the SFE application for this year? There's no information anywhere!
Hey guys! Ive applied for Spain too, for Valencia, Islas Canarias, then last Basque Country. Im applying as a graduate, my application number was 23. I hope I get shortlisted
I have applied to France, and have not heard anything back yet, which makes me nervous as the 3rd May is fast approaching. Has anyone for France been shortlisted yet??? :0
Original post by Charliexhooker
I have applied to France, and have not heard anything back yet, which makes me nervous as the 3rd May is fast approaching. Has anyone for France been shortlisted yet??? :0

Hi, I applied for Hong Kong and haven't heard anything back yet either, so don't worry you're not the only one. The wait is soooo long...
Reply 18
Original post by Springchicken86
Hi, I applied for Hong Kong and haven't heard anything back yet either, so don't worry you're not the only one. The wait is soooo long...

Yeah I applied for Hong kong as well and am still waiting, hopefully we find out soon!
Original post by Charliexhooker

im applying to france and havent either, no one else I know applying to france has either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending