The Student Room Group

Language degree to become a flight attendant?

So I want to possibly be a flight attendant as a career. I'm going to uni in september to study japanese. I'm wondering if a bachelors in a language will give me an advantage? I also plan on learning other languages, most definitely korean and maybe mandarin, thai or french (I love learning languages). I've looked at some airlines' requirements and it seems that a bachelors in a language could give me an edge, but wanted to see what people on here think?
Reply 1
Original post by user0471711
So I want to possibly be a flight attendant as a career. I'm going to uni in september to study japanese. I'm wondering if a bachelors in a language will give me an advantage? I also plan on learning other languages, most definitely korean and maybe mandarin, thai or french (I love learning languages). I've looked at some airlines' requirements and it seems that a bachelors in a language could give me an edge, but wanted to see what people on here think?

I'm currently cabin crew for British Airways. You definitely don't need a language degree to be crew. There's a much greater emphasis on customer service and experience in that role :smile:

If you have any questions about being crew please feel free to send me a message
Original post by lilGem
I'm currently cabin crew for British Airways. You definitely don't need a language degree to be crew. There's a much greater emphasis on customer service and experience in that role :smile:
If you have any questions about being crew please feel free to send me a message

When you go to other countries do you get to explore them or is it more fast paced?
Reply 3
Original post by Ellis’s
When you go to other countries do you get to explore them or is it more fast paced?

it depends on the trip- short haul can be anything from 12.5 hours in a place to 2 nights. Long haul will vary from 24 hours to up to 60 so there's definitely plenty of time to explore :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending