The Student Room Group

British Council Language Assistants 2017/18

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by beefheartrules
Italy but no response yet. I thought they said that I'd hear by the 30th April, but now I'm doubting whether they said that lol

Haha they definitely did but it seems like they're actually leaving it till the 30th...
I just phoned British Council and they said there had been technical difficulties with the interview outcome emails so we are more likely to hear at the start of May. I applied for Colombia and still haven't heard anything since my interview!
Reply 62
Just found out I've passed the assessment stage for Italy!
Original post by carrlaaa
Just found out I've passed the assessment stage for Italy!

congrats! I got through too ...but only to the next stage as I'm a graduate, so nothing certain yet. Another long wait for me haha
Reply 64
Original post by beefheartrules
congrats! I got through too ...but only to the next stage as I'm a graduate, so nothing certain yet. Another long wait for me haha
same for me! I'm a final year history student at a French university so don't think I'll be prioritized in any way. Long wait now till the end of June!
Hey! Anyone heard back for Spain yet? Suspense is killing me :/
Original post by xxJazxx

I haven't heard yet, I really hope they get back to us over the next few days! I got an email last week saying that we'd find out "on or before 30 April 2017" so fingers crossed they'll stick to that plan...
Original post by Dougieowner
I haven't heard yet, I really hope they get back to us over the next few days! I got an email last week saying that we'd find out "on or before 30 April 2017" so fingers crossed they'll stick to that plan...

Original post by xxJazxx

Learn, and learn quickly: Spain will do everything last minute and/or late.
Original post by Paralove
Learn, and learn quickly: Spain will do everything last minute and/or late.

I can imagine! What region are you working in currently?
Original post by xxJazxx
I can imagine! What region are you working in currently?

Castilla y León, in a town called Soria.
Reply 70
Eeee just found out I've passed the interview stage for Colombia! I hope the rest of you have had good news too! I'm the same I will also be a graduate so don't know yet if I'll be put on the waiting list but it's a start!
Original post by Beevus
Eeee just found out I've passed the interview stage for Colombia! I hope the rest of you have had good news too! I'm the same I will also be a graduate so don't know yet if I'll be put on the waiting list but it's a start!

Me too! I am so confused though, as it says i'm still not guaranteed a place and will hear more information at the start of April which makes so sense...:s-smilie:
Original post by Beevus

Original post by BethanJS5
Me too! I am so confused though, as it says i'm still not guaranteed a place and will hear more information at the start of April which makes so sense...:s-smilie:

Congratulations to both of you! :biggrin: I'm still waiting back to hear about Spain...

I think the first stage is the British Council assessing your application, and then they propose it to the country, who then have to accept it as well before it's 100% guaranteed and confirmed. Though the "start of April" doesn't make sense... maybe it was a typo and they mean May/June? (probably June if you just found out about the first stage). Did you have to do interviews for Colombia?
Reply 73
Yep same for me, but they have said they usually get everyone on the waiting list in too so I'm taking it to be good news. I don't know about the April part, i feel like we'll find out in due course though. I feel like the uncertainty just prepares us for Latin American life haha
Reply 74
Congratulations to both of you! :biggrin: I'm still waiting back to hear about Spain...

I think the first stage is the British Council assessing your application, and then they propose it to the country, who then have to accept it as well before it's 100% guaranteed and confirmed. Though the "start of April" doesn't make sense... maybe it was a typo and they mean May/June? (probably June if you just found out about the first stage). Did you have to do interviews for Colombia?

Fingers crossed!! The only thing I'm worrying about is time to get a visa
Anyone still waiting to hear back from China?
Passed the assessment stage for Germany...but another long wait for confirmation as I'm in my final year :s-smilie:
I've been shortlisted for Spain! :biggrin:

I haven't actually received an email yet, but I randomly decided to check the portal and it came up! https://apply.gmt.britishcouncil.org/outreach/workbench.ofml (you have to untick "exclude completed tasks" though - initially I thought my application had completely disappeared...)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 78
I've been shortlisted for Spain! :biggrin:

I haven't actually received an email yet, but I randomly decided to check the portal and it came up! https://apply.gmt.britishcouncil.org/outreach/workbench.ofml (you have to untick "exclude completed tasks" though - initially I thought my application had completely disappeared...)

This might sound like a daft question but does that mean we've been accepted and are now just waiting to be paired up?
Original post by Y2J97
This might sound like a daft question but does that mean we've been accepted and are now just waiting to be paired up?

As far as I know it means the British Council have accepted us and think our application is good enough to be a language assistant, but it's not 100% guaranteed. Now they have to have a meeting with some people in Spain, who also have to accept it, and then at that same meeting they pair you up with the region. I think it takes place on the week beginning 8th May.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending