The Student Room Group

Are these good interview signs?

I was giving her the documents that were asked for and she said I was 'very organised'. She wrote 'good example' in her notes after one of my answers. When I asked her if I had missed anything out she said 'no definitely not'.

Both hiring managers told me how great the company was and said that I 'won't be bored' there. They took a long time to answer my questions and seemed to be enjoying the conversation. They discussed with me all their plans for the company.

The things is the interview just seemed so easy! They were warm and friendly and I didn't feel any nerves as it just felt like an informal chat.

I think I gave decent answers and let them know my skills and experience but it just all seemed far too easy. The interview lasted around 50 minutes.

At the end they told me they would make a decision Monday morning and ring me no later than this coming Monday.

Do you think the fact the interview was so easy was a bad sign? Anything I mentioned a good sign?

She said it was lovely to meet me and they both shook my hand and smiled as I walked out but I don't know if they're like that with everyone .
The thing with interviewers is they're sometimes snakes. They have to be. If they don't like you they're not going to just say 'Get out you stupid muppet', nah they shake your hand, smile at you, and then they say 'Really lovely to meet you'.
Reply 2
It sounds like good signs to be honest. I had one job interview which went very similarly to yours, at the end of it they showed me around the office and I did get the job in the end. Best to stop thinking about it and wait until Monday, hope you get the job :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you. I'm worried about a reference. My most recent manager only knew me for 6 months and while he can confirm i worked there im not sure he will remember certain projects i did.
Also, I have no way of getting a reference for a job i did 5 years ago. While they didn't ask for a reference for that, can they phone and see if I worked at the company? I did but for an agency position?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending