The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge Masters in Architecture applicants 2024

Hello everyone, I've seen a lot of threads on cambridge postgraduate applicants but none specifically for architecture so I'm creating this one as a forum for us to converse and hopefully share helpful information with one another.
Please state the following:
1. Domestic or International applicant?
2. Undergrad Cgpa or applicable alternative
3. Status of application
4. College of interest
5. Any other helpful information you would like to share

Scroll to see replies

Hii

International applicant

Current cgpa- 4.68/5.00, expected final cgpa- 4.80/5.00

Under review by department

First choice- Girton, Second choice- Queens

None sorry, my application has been under review by the department for over 2 weeks now so hopefully I should be hearing back from them January, February. Fingers crossed!!!
Also, Has anybody gotten an interview invite yet?

Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hii

International applicant

Current cgpa- 4.68/5.00, expected final cgpa- 4.80/5.00

Under review by department

First choice- Girton, Second choice- Queens

None sorry, my application has been under review by the department for over 2 weeks now so hopefully I should be hearing back from them January, February. Fingers crossed!!!
Also, Has anybody gotten an interview invite yet?

Hello! I personally haven't gotten an interview invite yet, let's wait to see what others have to say
hey, thank you for creating the architecture thread. I am a UK Student, Postgraduate application, I had an interview in late jan (around 2 weeks ago) and the applicant portal remains on department review, open application to colleges. I didnt ask the processing times during my interview but saw online it can take up to 12 weeks. Have either of you had updates
Original post by Anonymous #2
hey, thank you for creating the architecture thread. I am a UK Student, Postgraduate application, I had an interview in late jan (around 2 weeks ago) and the applicant portal remains on department review, open application to colleges. I didnt ask the processing times during my interview but saw online it can take up to 12 weeks. Have either of you had updates

Same here, interviewed mid Jan and still under departmental review
Thanks so much for creating an architect thread, I had my interview today, I felt it could have gone better but it wasn't that bad and the interviewers were lovely and understanding, fingers crossed

Hi! I had my interview yesterday, but I'm surprised to hear most people did theirs in January. May I ask when you applied and if you've received any updates
Hey, I'm glad that you had your interview! The academic term only started a few weeks ago so it's unlikely that theyve interviewed everyone yet, in the automatic reply when i confirmed my interview it mentioned nearly 400 applications have been made to the department so I imagine they still have many interviews to do. I'm not sure what date i applied but it was late novemeber/early december. I havent had any updates since my interview but I will post here if i get an update (fingers crossed for a postive update soon).
Reply 8
Hi everyone, I had an interview last Friday in which I had issues with my webcam but the interview still went well by God's grace.
I was invited to another interview today and they specifically stated it was due to the issues I had with my webcam and that it would be just for 10 minutes this time. I'm taking this as a good sign because I doubt I would've gotten a second interview if they didn't have a place in their program for me.
So I was wondering if anyone got a second interview or if anyone has any updates or offers yet.
Best of luck to everyone!!
(edited 2 months ago)
I emailed the aha office today to ask, as I was unsure of the 12-week decision time. They said the Admissions Committee is interviewing over the next couple of days and should have a decision by the end of the week.

A second interview seems like a good sign, but I have no idea. I haven't had a second interview, update, or offer.
Reply 10
Update, the second interview went well and decisions will be made before the end of next week.
Fingers crossed for everyone.
Hey guys, I’m thinking about applying next year. What was the interview like ? Is it sort of abstract questions or just about your portfolio?
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hey guys, I’m thinking about applying next year. What was the interview like ? Is it sort of abstract questions or just about your portfolio?

Hello, in my experience we spent more time on my research proposal and relatively little time on my portfolio.
So definitely familiarize yourself with your research material more.
Reply 13
Original post by Tobytobias
Hello, in my experience we spent more time on my research proposal and relatively little time on my portfolio.
So definitely familiarize yourself with your research material more.
Thank you, I really appreciate it!
Hello,
Has anyone heard back regarding their application? Any updates on the Applicant Portal for those who had their interview?
Reply 15
Hello, I personally haven't heard anything, my status on the portal still says under review by department, how about yours
Original post by Tobytobias
Hello, I personally haven't heard anything, my status on the portal still says under review by department, how about yours
Hello,
Same here. I had my interview already, so just waiting for any updates.
I got an update that I was unsuccessful today so it may be good news if you have not heard
I got an update that I was unsuccessful today so it may be good news if you have not heard
Sorry to hear that. May I ask where did you receive the update? Was it the Applicant Portal or email? Also, where else are you thinking of applying/have applied?
Hey guys, has anyone had any updates regarding their application recently?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending