The Student Room Group

Cambridge interview

Just had an interview for HSPS and I was initially super happy about it but I've been seeing that if it went well it can be a bad sign and mean that they didn't push you. I felt like they did push me a fair amount but idk.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous #1
Just had an interview for HSPS and I was initially super happy about it but I've been seeing that if it went well it can be a bad sign and mean that they didn't push you. I felt like they did push me a fair amount but idk.

Dont read too much into things, two different applicants will often have very different experiences. Some interviews I thought went really well but didnt get role, and others went awful and didnt get the role either. You have to remember you are up against other applicants also, so you can be fairly awful and be successful if the other applicants are far worse.

Just wait and see and dont listen to other people.

Greg
Reply 2
Original post by greg tony
Dont read too much into things, two different applicants will often have very different experiences. Some interviews I thought went really well but didnt get role, and others went awful and didnt get the role either. You have to remember you are up against other applicants also, so you can be fairly awful and be successful if the other applicants are far worse.

Just wait and see and dont listen to other people.

Greg

thank you so much! that has made me feel better 🙂
Original post by Anonymous

A few years ago Doones reviewed the data from posts in the various Oxbridge forums and found there was basically no correlation between how people thought they did in interview and whether they were successful or not. Turns out Oxbridge applicants just don't have any idea how the interview translates into an acceptance or not!

So don't worry about it. If you feel good about it then that's good, and doesn't indicate anything about the ultimate outcome, statistically :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending