The Student Room Group

Is a third interview a bad a good sign?

Hi all, so I got invited to a third round interview.

The first was with a recruiter ( screening interview )

Second was with a hiring manager.

Now third is a VP and Director?

I thought if they liked me already they would have offered me a the job, is this standard practice? Any advice, is this a good sign or are they unsure and they are making sure I am the right person?
Original post by Fineappleonpiza
Hi all, so I got invited to a third round interview.

The first was with a recruiter ( screening interview )

Second was with a hiring manager.

Now third is a VP and Director?

I thought if they liked me already they would have offered me a the job, is this standard practice? Any advice, is this a good sign or are they unsure and they are making sure I am the right person?

It's a good sign. (It's certainly better than other people being invited for a third interview and not you!)

In all likelihood, the hiring manager has made a "yes" decision, but needs the VP and Director to rubber-stamp the decision.

This sort of thing can happen in small companies where those at the top of the company want to see every new employee before they're hired. It's obviously impractical to do in a larger company.

In a worst case scenario, the hiring manager might have been torn between you and another candidate, so the VP and/or Director stepped in and said, "Bring them both in again; we'll decide."
Original post by DataVenia
It's a good sign. (It's certainly better than other people being invited for a third interview and not you!)

In all likelihood, the hiring manager has made a "yes" decision, but needs the VP and Director to rubber-stamp the decision.

This sort of thing can happen in small companies where those at the top of the company want to see every new employee before they're hired. It's obviously impractical to do in a larger company.

In a worst case scenario, the hiring manager might have been torn between you and another candidate, so the VP and/or Director stepped in and said, "Bring them both in again; we'll decide."

So it's. Large multinational Investment Bank, so hopefully it's good news. Anyways I'll really prepare well and try my best, it's on Tuesday so have the weekend to smash out prep!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending