The Student Room Group

What should I pick for my GCSEs?

I have already decided to do triple science and and history but I can't decide between computer science and Spanish. Which one looks more impressive?
Reply 1
Original post by mareena1
I have already decided to do triple science and and history but I can't decide between computer science and Spanish. Which one looks more impressive?

They're both good subjects. Which one do you think you will enjoy more? That's the most important thing.
Reply 2
If you choose Spanish I believe you have a chance of getting the Ebacc (if you get a 5/C or above in the Ebacc subjects)
Reply 3
Computer Science.
They're both good. Just pick whichever one you like more/might want to do for a-level. I do Spanish and I enjoy it but I've heard the new 9-1 GCSE is a lot worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spanish!!! You will definetely benefit from taking it in school and outside of school xx
Original post by pearlgrey
They're both good. Just pick whichever one you like more/might want to do for a-level. I do Spanish and I enjoy it but I've heard the new 9-1 GCSE is a lot worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How worse can languages get?
Hi,
Im in Year 11 right now and have done Computer Science for about 3 years now. And to be honest, its not just coding and programming. You need to be able to understand and LOVE the theory aswell as that makes up more than half of your GCSE. However, if you have a passion about computer systems and not just coding you will like the subject

Anyways your choice just giving u a heads up!
spanish. it's always good to have a foreign language

Quick Reply

Latest