The Student Room Group

Should I take computer science a level without taking gcse?

I picked my GCSEs in year 9 and I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do in the future then. So I picked the subjects I enjoyed. Now that I’m in year 11 and I’m going to sixth form this year I have a clearer idea on my future career and I wanna go into computer science. I picked computer science, math and biology. I haven’t taken computer science gcse and I have a feeling I’m gonna struggle. Should I take it or pick a different subject?
Reply 1
Original post by Valerieiscool
I picked my GCSEs in year 9 and I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do in the future then. So I picked the subjects I enjoyed. Now that I’m in year 11 and I’m going to sixth form this year I have a clearer idea on my future career and I wanna go into computer science. I picked computer science, math and biology. I haven’t taken computer science gcse and I have a feeling I’m gonna struggle. Should I take it or pick a different subject?

You should be fine. Initially, you may feel like everyone who did it at GCSE gets it straight away and you don't, but eventually, it'll all click. The content is designed to be taught from the ground up.

Quick Reply

Latest