The Student Room Group

RHUL or York?

Hey guys! I have applied for History (possibly changing to joint History/Philosophy - still deciding on that)

So out of the 5 offers I have I've narrowed it down to York and RHUL.
I've visited both campuses, and thought highly of both (was hoping I would dislike one of them at least to make my decision easier :s-smilie:).

I will say that I was really impressed with the course at York, and that is what is making me unsure about my choice. If the course offered at York was at RHUL it would be a no-brainer decision for me, but, alas.

I know ultimately it falls down to my own personal preference, but just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat or has chosen/choosing to firm one of them and their reasons for it?
Personally, I think the course is more important than anything else, so if you prefer York's history modules, you should go there. Is there a particular aspect of history you like best (ancient, medieval, modern etc)? Would you like to learn a modern or ancient language as part of your course? Would you like to study abroad, and if so, what partner universities does RHUL and York have? These are the questions I would ask myself if I was trying to choose between two universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending