The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Collingwood ayyy

guysss hows the student life at collingwood and the whole atmosphere -- are there any other history students who are in collingwood rigt now??
is it a really long walk or is it just fine

Alsoo ,, do you guys go down to newcastle to party and if you do , just how often
How's the accomodation -- i heard the staple potato diet is pretty *****y :wink:

SEEING ANY OR ALL OF YOUR REPLIES WOULD BE WONDERFUL THANK YOU
Reply 1
Hi Meg, I'm thinking about which college to apply for after my foundation year.. Collingwood is a strong option I reckon so keeping an eye on this thread

Familiar with Durham nightlife, it's not so bad, doesn't seem to be that much of a regular occurance that groups of students go up to Newcastle although it is only 20 mins on the train so not sure why not. Durham has a very unique atmosphere on a night, the contrast between locals and students is pretty interesting. There's a few average at best clubs but the highlight for me is the nice bars that are tucked away, there's many a hidden gem around if you know where to look!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jct1993
Hi Meg, I'm thinking about which college to apply for after my foundation year.. Collingwood is a strong option I reckon so keeping an eye on this thread

Familiar with Durham nightlife, it's not so bad, doesn't seem to be that much of a regular occurance that groups of students go up to Newcastle although it is only 20 mins on the train so not sure why not. Durham has a very unique atmosphere on a night, the contrast between locals and students is pretty interesting. There's a few average at best clubs but the highlight for me is the nice bars that are tucked away, there's many a hidden gem around if you know where to look!

Hahah , yes it is! I honestly haven't seen any useful threads about Collingwood yet and this doesn't seem to have taken off either but hey what the hell
I know exactly what you're talking about - pub culture and quaint little bars are really underrated
Anyway , what're you applying for ? And am I going to be able to see you this October if I end up in Durham :colondollar:
Reply 3
Yeah me neither really, everyone's just swooning over castle it seems but I've had a tour of the castle and it seems pretty like old (obviously) and there's a massive draft.. plus a tonne of people walking through every 15 minutes

I'm applying for Business with Foundation, got in on a technicality (out of education for 4+ years, no A levels hence the foundation year) which means the first year will be spent in Stockton which is a tip.

I will be spending a fair bit of time in the City though as I have every intention of partaking in University sport and will be stopping at my GFs across the road in Van Mildert so I will be in the vicinity most likely!

What made you decide on Collingwood?

Quick Reply

Latest