Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    guysss hows the student life at collingwood and the whole atmosphere -- are there any other history students who are in collingwood rigt now??
    is it a really long walk or is it just fine

Alsoo ,, do you guys go down to newcastle to party and if you do , just how often
    How's the accomodation -- i heard the staple potato diet is pretty *****y

SEEING ANY OR ALL OF YOUR REPLIES WOULD BE WONDERFUL THANK YOU

ReputationRep:
    Hi Meg, I'm thinking about which college to apply for after my foundation year.. Collingwood is a strong option I reckon so keeping an eye on this thread

Familiar with Durham nightlife, it's not so bad, doesn't seem to be that much of a regular occurance that groups of students go up to Newcastle although it is only 20 mins on the train so not sure why not. Durham has a very unique atmosphere on a night, the contrast between locals and students is pretty interesting. There's a few average at best clubs but the highlight for me is the nice bars that are tucked away, there's many a hidden gem around if you know where to look!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jct1993)
    Hi Meg, I'm thinking about which college to apply for after my foundation year.. Collingwood is a strong option I reckon so keeping an eye on this thread

Familiar with Durham nightlife, it's not so bad, doesn't seem to be that much of a regular occurance that groups of students go up to Newcastle although it is only 20 mins on the train so not sure why not. Durham has a very unique atmosphere on a night, the contrast between locals and students is pretty interesting. There's a few average at best clubs but the highlight for me is the nice bars that are tucked away, there's many a hidden gem around if you know where to look!

Hahah , yes it is! I honestly haven't seen any useful threads about Collingwood yet and this doesn't seem to have taken off either but hey what the hell
    I know exactly what you're talking about - pub culture and quaint little bars are really underrated
    Anyway , what're you applying for ? And am I going to be able to see you this October if I end up in Durham

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me neither really, everyone's just swooning over castle it seems but I've had a tour of the castle and it seems pretty like old (obviously) and there's a massive draft.. plus a tonne of people walking through every 15 minutes

I'm applying for Business with Foundation, got in on a technicality (out of education for 4+ years, no A levels hence the foundation year) which means the first year will be spent in Stockton which is a tip.

I will be spending a fair bit of time in the City though as I have every intention of partaking in University sport and will be stopping at my GFs across the road in Van Mildert so I will be in the vicinity most likely!

What made you decide on Collingwood?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.