The Student Room Group

about choosing an univ

i am trying to choose an univ. i got offers from leeds n greenwich and I'm unable to choose between them. can someone help me out?
Original post by akilkumar
i am trying to choose an univ. i got offers from leeds n greenwich and I'm unable to choose between them. can someone help me out?

- Leeds has prestige by being in the Russell Group, I guess.
- Which area do you like best? You're going to be there for three years at a minimum.
- Which course's modules / options interest you more?
- Which university has more contacts, placements etc to help you with Business (which I assume you're applying for).
- Does either university have something the other doesn't? What are your deal breakers?
- Which is closer to home? Not a full point, but you may feel homesick from time to time.

Just a few points to weigh both universities up across. I'd have gone Leeds personally, but I'm not you.
Reply 2
Original post by SkyRees
- Leeds has prestige by being in the Russell Group, I guess.
- Which area do you like best? You're going to be there for three years at a minimum.
- Which course's modules / options interest you more?
- Which university has more contacts, placements etc to help you with Business (which I assume you're applying for).
- Does either university have something the other doesn't? What are your deal breakers?
- Which is closer to home? Not a full point, but you may feel homesick from time to time.

Just a few points to weigh both universities up across. I'd have gone Leeds personally, but I'm not you.

since i am an international student i have no idea. I have applied for International Business. i wanna know about placements n student life of these univs. which is best for an international student.
since i am an international student i have no idea. I have applied for International Business. i wanna know about placements n student life of these univs. which is best for an international student.

The course websites themselves should tell you that; if not it might be worth sending an email to the admissions tutor for Int. Business and asking what kinds of placements are available.

As for the area, student life etc - it might be worth using the website https://www.instantstreetview.com/ and typing in "University of Leeds" and "University of Greenwich" and just exploring a little bit around the area.
Reply 4
Original post by SkyRees
The course websites themselves should tell you that; if not it might be worth sending an email to the admissions tutor for Int. Business and asking what kinds of placements are available.

As for the area, student life etc - it might be worth using the website https://www.instantstreetview.com/ and typing in "University of Leeds" and "University of Greenwich" and just exploring a little bit around the area.

thanks for the info. if it were you what would u choose? leeds or greenwich?
thanks for the info. if it were you what would u choose? leeds or greenwich?

It's really about what you prioritise when going to uni; a quiet, non-crowded location matters to me so I'd pick Greenwich. Leeds is prestigious and that does matter for a handful of courses (mine included), but for everything else I'd probably pick there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending