The Student Room Group

Can i get admission with 2 A Levels?

Hello I got a conditional offer from robert gordon uni for hospitality management. The condition is "This offer is subject to you obtaining grades CC at A-Level in 2 subjects from the current year's examinations".

In As I got an A in business studies a B in sociology and a C in economics.However I have serious trouble in understanding A2 sociology and by the looks of it, I might even fail the A2 exam. Suppose i do, i can still maintain an A and a C in business studies and economics. So can i qualify for the offer if i fail my A2 sociology?
Original post by ovoxo123
Hello I got a conditional offer from robert gordon uni for hospitality management. The condition is "This offer is subject to you obtaining grades CC at A-Level in 2 subjects from the current year's examinations".

In As I got an A in business studies a B in sociology and a C in economics.However I have serious trouble in understanding A2 sociology and by the looks of it, I might even fail the A2 exam. Suppose i do, i can still maintain an A and a C in business studies and economics. So can i qualify for the offer if i fail my A2 sociology?

Am I missing something? It says you need to pass two subjects with CC to be admitted, and you're asking if you pass two subjects with AC whether you'll be admitted. Yes, obviously you will have met the offer conditions, as you will have achieved at least CC in two subjects. It doesn't matter if you fail the third subject.
Reply 2
Original post by Glassapple
Am I missing something? It says you need to pass two subjects with CC to be admitted, and you're asking if you pass two subjects with AC whether you'll be admitted. Yes, obviously you will have met the offer conditions, as you will have achieved at least CC in two subjects. It doesn't matter if you fail the third subject.

Im worried that the offer might mean something like get minimum 2 Cs.

As long as you sit the sociology a2 exams, then you should meet your offer.

Yes, that is what it means. You said you think you'll get an A in business studies and a C in economics, so that's past the minimum requirement, then it doesn't matter about sociology. AC is better than two Cs, so you will have passed the minimum requirement, I don't understand what you're not understanding.
Reply 5
Thank you guys for helping me out.:smile:
Reply 6
I never understand why people don't just ask the university rather than TSR. If you are confused, get in touch with the uni as only they will be able to give you the right answer!

Quick Reply

Latest