The Student Room Group

Nuffield Research Placement

I am interested in applying for the Nuffield Research placement and am curious as to what is involved while there. I know that you work alongside a professional scientist, but what do you do for the weeks you are there? Another question is where abouts does the placement take place I live in Norfolk? Thanks
Original post by JackLeggett
I am interested in applying for the Nuffield Research placement and am curious as to what is involved while there. I know that you work alongside a professional scientist, but what do you do for the weeks you are there? Another question is where abouts does the placement take place I live in Norfolk? Thanks

You conduct research alongside a proffesional scientist. You'll be working on an independant defined project for 4-6 weeks which will contribute to the work of the organisation you're placed at. Coordinators will try to place you in a university, research institute or company close to where you live. I suspect your local coordinator is

Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk
SETPOINT Hertfordshire at MBDA
PO Box 19, PB 211
Six Hills Way
Stevenage, SG1 2DA
Nuffield Coordinator: Helen Spencer
Tel: 01442 843 676
E-mail: [email protected]

But you can check the list here.
Original post by JackLeggett

Hello
I did a placement last year, and there are quite a few others applying this year on this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...3#post70322100

There are also a couple of other students who completed placements last year on that thread, and we are all happy to answer any questions! Just post them on the thread linked above and then we can keep everyone together to share info

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending