The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey can I join please? I've got a Fender stratocaster, just like Jimi :biggrin:
Reply 161
And they hepl if you want some descent calouses on your fingers (if your complaining that they hurt!)
but i use .10 or .11, but i prefer 0.10 now, i've experience a range of strings, even 0.9s sheesh, breakage city!
I use .9s on my other Ibanez, you have to really if you're using a Floyd Rose. And they rarely break unless you really hammer them.
Reply 163
oops
Reply 164
Ive got a basic stratocaster and my beloved seagull acoustic :biggrin:
Reply 165
stratomaster
Hey can I join please? I've got a Fender stratocaster, just like Jimi :biggrin:

About that, all this morning ive been trying to learn Stairway to heaven and i just cannot get it all...its a really hard song...and very long as well. like 10 pages .
.9's don't break easily at all.

I someitmes even use 8's. And I do manic bends. Its just about the tension you're used to. Brian May and Yngwie Malmsteen both use 8's, and they massacre strings on some bends.
so is anyone gonna upload some music files for everyone to listen to as i thought it had been discussed on here earlier? i would but you know...
gordon2002
yeah, try them on a steel string guitar!

God, yeah! I learned on my classical, which took me about two weeks. Then tried on electric, which was piss compared to that. Then I got my acoustic with steel strings... I'll tell you what, a month later and I still can't barre properly on a couple of frets - but I think this may have something to do with the high action on the guitar...

*Wonders if he should get it lowered* :confused:
Smokyjoe123
so is anyone gonna upload some music files for everyone to listen to as i thought it had been discussed on here earlier? i would but you know...

go on..... you know you want to!
haha how dya do it? stupid question but if i do it wrong i will get yelled at/warned.etc and im a coward.
Smokyjoe123
haha how dya do it? stupid question but if i do it wrong i will get yelled at/warned.etc and im a coward.

'hey joe' (hendrix:biggrin: )

what do you mean? You just connect a microphone to your pc, go on windows movie maker, record something, then save it and it will automatically save as a music file.

Then you can send the file to me and I'll do the rest
And there is the promise of rep! Oh yes!
Happy Cycling
And there is the promise of rep! Oh yes!

correct...:biggrin:
Reply 174
Hmm may record myself doing blackbird then... as long as i dont have to sing :redface:
Ibbsy
Hmm may record myself doing blackbird then... as long as i dont have to sing :redface:

certainly, be my guest.......
has anyone got a semi-electric? I was thinking of getting one, what do they sound like without an amp (just normally).........
i used to have one. depends what you go for, but generally they are the same as regular acoustics if slightly louder. pretty decent sound, they hold up easily as well without as amp.
Reply 178
It's electric or it's not. If you mean electro-acoustics, they sound like an acoustic, but a bit quieter as they're not solely built for having to amplify the sound using the body completely.
G4ry
It's electric or it's not. If you mean electro-acoustics, they sound like an acoustic, but a bit quieter as they're not solely built for having to amplify the sound using the body completely.

No, I meant what I said. There are elctro-acoustics as well as semi-electric (i.e. the one noel in oasis uses)

Latest