The Student Room Group

Should I waer my flip flops with or without socks ? photo's included

hi brothers, hi sisters, I hope all is well.

I have looked at the forecast and it is warming up in a few days, time for me to get my flip flops out again ( I know it won't be very warm but I still want to wear them)

my question to you people is this, should I wear my flip flops on my barefeet or
should I wear my flip flops with socks, or will I get crucified if I wear socks with
flip flops ?

what looks better, with or without socks ?

WIN_20170218_18_11_21_Pro.jpg
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i speak
for the entire country

nay, the entire earth

when i say that you should not wear flip flops with socks unless you're a ****boy who wears these:

Or are a 50 year old dad.
Both photos are sans socks.

But really....you're thinking of socks and flip flops. Cmmon...!

Spoiler

With socks
Original post by Reality Check
Both photos are sans socks.

But really....you're thinking of socks and flip flops. Cmmon...!

Spoiler

thanks.

I have uploaded the other photo with socks, sorry for the delay.

I was thinking maybe with socks because when I'm walking I sometimes feel awkard waering flip flops in quiet surroundings because of the loud smacking sound they make as I walk in them it feels like I am disturbing people in quiet areas and that everyone is looking at me like they want to hit me lol
Original post by Inexorably
i speak
for the entire country

nay, the entire earth

when i say that you should not wear flip flops with socks unless you're a ****boy who wears these:

Pleather shorts and a bunch of roses - what a horribly awkward photograph.
Original post by Cleverboy1991
thanks.

I have uploaded the other photo with socks, sorry for the delay.

I was thinking maybe with socks because when I'm walking I sometimes feel awkard waering flip flops in quiet surroundings because of the loud smacking sound they make as I walk in them it feels like I am disturbing people in quiet areas and that everyone is looking at me like they want to hit me lol

That really is admirably considerate of your fellow man. However, you say 'socks and sandals =flipflops in my mind)', and I say this:

teletext004.jpg
i speak
for the entire country

nay, the entire earth

thanks.

I was just wondering though I will probably wear them barefeet. It's just when wearing flip flops sometimes the smacking noise is very loud when you walk in them and feel like other people are looking at you as if you are disturbing the peace or something, lol
Reply 8
Pleather shorts and a bunch of roses - what a horribly awkward photograph.

Yes those shorts certainly are quite something lmfao.
he who wears socks with his flip flops is denied the blessing of Jannah
How will you get your toes in properly if you're wearing socks? Unless you're wearing these bad boys :rofl:

That really is admirably considerate of your fellow man. However, you say 'socks and sandals =flipflops in my mind)', and I say this:

teletext004.jpg

that looks so awful , the socks and sandals and those horrible chests on those 2 men, disgusting !! I'd look notohing like that though if I wore socks with my flip flops, but maybe I will wear my flip flops barfoot if it make everyone happy lol, thanks

he's wearing sandals thouh wereas I'm wearing flip flops, I di agree though, that combination is awful from that pic !
Reply 14
I think you should cover up those toes with something.
Original post by Drez999
I think you should cover up those toes with something.

hi

why do you say that ?

thanks
Reply 16
hi

why do you say that ?

thanks

1. Generally I don't find feet and toes especially attractive nor sexy.

2. Sadly, yours are certainly no exception.
Original post by Drez999
1. Generally I don't find feet and toes especially attractive nor sexy.

2. Sadly, yours are certainly no exception.

lol, you'd better get used to it, summer is almost here and many people will be wearing flip flops
Reply 18
lol, you'd better get used to it, summer is almost here and many people will be wearing flip flops

Thanks for the advice but I will be fine.

I normally only look at guys and girls from the knees up.
I envy you for the hot weather. I can't even consider weating flip flops/sandals. Far too cold for that. Let alone wondering whether to go without socks or not.

Ah, do whatever you feel the most comfortable doing. Then own it.

Quick Reply

Latest