The Student Room Group

Is a birthmark on a girl a turn off?

I have a large birthmark on my back called a congenital nevus and I’m worried it’ll be a big turn off for guys. Should I get it surgically removed?
Why would a birthmark be a turn off?? I don’t get how it could be one
Only consider surgery if you are 100% certain that it is what you want and will make you feel happy. :smile:
Regardless of whether you are single, dating, married or in a civil partnership.

Different people have very different turn offs, beauty standards and attraction dealbreakers.
Guys and girls.
Some people may view a very prominent small or unsightly birthmark as a turn off.
While others may not even notice or find a birthmark interesting/attractive.

I use layers of heavy makeup to cover up all my childhood injuries, scars, dimples, freckles, moles and other unsightly skin blemishes.
Don't let anyone see me at work or any public place without makeup and heels on. I never will.
Princess Eugenie has another approach.
She wanted her wedding dress design to highlight her back scar from scoliosis surgery so that she could discuss it and occasionally uploads photos of the scar with positive messages like "Scars are beautiful", encouraging people to share photos of their own scars.
Often sharing a few that fans give her permission to upload online.
Original post by Anonymous
I have a large birthmark on my back called a congenital nevus and I’m worried it’ll be a big turn off for guys. Should I get it surgically removed?

I think you should consider any guy who 'turns you down' for something like that instantly unattractive. If any guy can't accept you for what you are - and that includes a birthmark - then they're not worth considering.

You don't need surgery to attract the right guy. The right one will overlook anything so superfluous as that :smile:

the major advantage of that is that will filter out the guys you wouldn't want to associate with. The ones you will attract will like you for YOU
. I have a birthmark on the right side of my face underneath my mouth and i would never get rid of it, if it’s really bothering you and you think getting it removed would be a better option do so but please be aware of the massive scar you’ll have after, 2 of my friends got rid of theirs and now they have a big scar where it was and i’d say the birthmark looked way better. You should embrace your individuality and if people get turned off by it then they’re not the right person for you, I hope you seriously consider changing how you feel about it!
I can't think of a guy who would care about this. Any guy interested in dating you seriously will love every small quirk and individual thing about you.
Reply 7
A guy who really loves you will not pay attention to your mole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending