The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

i want to change my uni course after accepting my offer

hi,
it’s my first time here so bear with me lol. my firm choice is Portsmouth and i’ve accepted my offer for English, but i want to change my course to Media (which was my original choice before i changed my mind, i change my mind so much when it comes to uni i literally cannot make a decision). could i change my course even though i’ve accepted my offer?
Original post by poppyo
hi,
it’s my first time here so bear with me lol. my firm choice is Portsmouth and i’ve accepted my offer for English, but i want to change my course to Media (which was my original choice before i changed my mind, i change my mind so much when it comes to uni i literally cannot make a decision). could i change my course even though i’ve accepted my offer?

If the uni agrees to it, yes. Much better to ask now rather than enrolling and hoping to change later.

The important thing is to be as certain as you can. The uni is much less likely to accommodate future changes after the first. You’d be better deferring and using the time to settle your thoughts if you are still flip flopping.
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Hey there,

Congratulations on your offer and I hope you're looking forward to starting University! It's a really lovely uni and campus.

I would refer to the help page here: Withdraw, Suspend, or Transfer. This will have all the relevant contact details to change your course :smile:

Good luck with your studies,

Lauren -Official Student Rep
Original post by poppyo
hi,

Hi there

This should be possible but will definitely depend on certain factors such as entry requirements and popularity of the course. I would definitely recommend contacting your university as soon as possible to request a transfer as it is much better to do it now rather then after results day. It is possible that if you leave it too long that you may be required to go through clearing so I would definitely try and get it sorted asap. Hope this helps

Best wishes

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending