The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes Primary Education Interview

Hi

I have an interview tomorrow at Oxford Brookes for their Primary Education course. Just wondering if anyone else has had one there or has one upcoming?

I need some advice it is my first interview that I have. I know I am posting a bit late but just thought it is better to post than not.

Thank you
it's a really relaxed day! When I went in January, you sign in and then are sent to the dinner hall while everyone signs in before you are assigned to a 3rd student for the day. You then listen to a programme talk about the course. Then you are split up into groups. When I went, I did my teaching task first which turned out to be really fun so, I wouldn't worry about it. Then I did the English task which is you writing about one of the six scenarios given. After that, I had a campus tour before having a science taster which, was again, really fun! I finally had my paired interview. They are really relaxed and it's a really nice day. I wouldn't worry about it at all! it's a really nice day and its a really nice campus! Hope this helps
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Hey I've got my Oxford Brookes interview for Primary Ed on Tuesday. So nervous for the teaching task, no idea what to do. What did you teach and how did it go?
Also what questions do they ask in the paired interview??
Do something that interests you, I taught dreams and their meanings based on the fact that I sleep a lot. Some did an analysis of their poem in A-Level English Literature, another did a debate on the UK being 'food safe'. Literally, anything that interests you. Don't be nervous, I was the same but I ended up volunteering to go first!

In terms of the paired interview, there were loads of questions on your experience and reading; so be prepared to talk about a book you've read and what it was about.

Overall, the day is really relaxing and you have absolutely nothing to panic about. Enjoy it, it was probably best interview i attended and i met a few people!
Reply 4
Ah okay thank you so much!

I was thinking about teaching something netball related as it's something I really enjoy. And if I have enough time to fit it in then I was thinking about doing something more practical and bring in a netball ball and do a short 1/2 minute activity with the group. Do you think that would be okay to do?!

Before you had your interview were you given a piece of text to read and told to prepare to talk about it in groups?
We got more time than 5 but that's because the woman I had was very chilled. Take it just in case and see how far you get!
Yeah, the pre-reading I got was on dialogic teaching if I remember correctly. Just read it through and give your interpretation, thats what i did. I got an offer by the way!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending