The Student Room Group

MSC Occupational / Organisational Psychology 2017

Hi Everyone

I am due to start a masters in occupational psych in September 2017 and currently have offers from City and Goldsmiths.
I am having a hard time deciding which course to pick as they both seem very similar. Currently I am swayed slightly towards City as I had an interview there and everyone was lovely, they have good employment rates and the location seems slightly better for me. I would really welcome any other advice anyone could give me as I want to make sure I'm making the best decision! Thank you!!
Is there really nothing that separates the two course wise? Have you visited the other place? Have you checked out where grads end up and see if the uni can put you in touch with current or former students.
Reply 2
Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem.... which one did you choose?

I have had lots of feedback from ex city students who say it is great, but then I like the smaller classes and the fact you get to integrate with other master programmes at Goldsmiths (Consumer behaviour / marketing and innovation).

Such a difficult decision!
Reply 3
Original post by Stacy20
Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem.... which one did you choose?

I have had lots of feedback from ex city students who say it is great, but then I like the smaller classes and the fact you get to integrate with other master programmes at Goldsmiths (Consumer behaviour / marketing and innovation).

Such a difficult decision!

It was a tough decision! I ended up picking City, but there was barely anything in the choice, just that the location was easier for me to get to and City had slightly higher University rankings. I think the course material will be pretty much the same at both and the fact you get to do an outside module at Goldsmiths is a definite draw!
Original post by Roseski
Hi Everyone

I am due to start a masters in occupational psych in September 2017 and currently have offers from City and Goldsmiths.
I am having a hard time deciding which course to pick as they both seem very similar. Currently I am swayed slightly towards City as I had an interview there and everyone was lovely, they have good employment rates and the location seems slightly better for me. I would really welcome any other advice anyone could give me as I want to make sure I'm making the best decision! Thank you!!

Hi, I'm thinking of applying for occ psych masters too, just wanted to know a little bit more about what decided for you that this was the right course and how was the interview experience did they ask any tricky questions? And do you have to have work experience to get in or if you don't have experience would you need a 1st for them to consider you? Also where else did you apply or were they the only 2?
Reply 5
Original post by Daniellenight
Hi, I'm thinking of applying for occ psych masters too, just wanted to know a little bit more about what decided for you that this was the right course and how was the interview experience did they ask any tricky questions? And do you have to have work experience to get in or if you don't have experience would you need a 1st for them to consider you? Also where else did you apply or were they the only 2?

Heya So, I gruaduated nearly 4 years ago so Ive had quite a bit of time to figure out what I ultimately would like to do and all of the jobs I am interested in require an occ psych masters, and it is a subject that its genuinely really interesting to me, so it just seems like the right step. My interview at City was literally just a friendly chat, I think they wanted to gauge a bit about my personality as they want people who are able to get involved and contribute to discussions etc, there was no tricky questions really, I just spoke a bit about myself and my experiences. I would say it is nothing to worry about and actually felt like the best interview experience ever. In terms of work experience, I have a lot of transferable skills from jobs but nothing directly related to the field (this was what worried me the most). I got a 2:1 and they offered me a place so again a 1st isnt mandatory! I also applied to UCL ( I wanted to be in London as I live here already) but that course isnt accredited so I decided against it. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending