The Student Room Group

Occupational therapy as a second degree?

Hey,
I have a degree in Psychology and Criminology Bsc (3years) but would like to get a degree in Occupational Therapy Msc (2years). I keep reading the msc is funded by SFE in the same way as a Bsc and is an exception to normal Msc. I wanted to clarify is it and what are we entitled to?
Hi there,

Can you confirm what university you will attend and when does the course start?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
Can you confirm what university you will attend and when does the course start?
Thanks, Drew

Hi,
Either:
London south bank Msc sep 2024
Roehampton Msc sep 2024
Coventry Msc

All are 2 year course (pre-registration Msc)
Thank you
Hi Mangojoy,

Occupational Therapy is and Allied Health Professional exception course (exempt from standard previous study and ELQ rules) so you will be eligible for the full package of undergraduate support if you choose to study this course.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Mangojoy,
Occupational Therapy is and Allied Health Professional exception course (exempt from standard previous study and ELQ rules) so you will be eligible for the full package of undergraduate support if you choose to study this course.
Thanks,
Calum

Thank you!
You're welcome. I hope you have a nice evening.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 6
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Mangojoy,
Thanks,
Calum
Sorry one more additional question!
As the tuition course fee is more than the standard 9k approximately 11k will I be expected to fund the additional fees out of pocket or does SFE cover this? Thank you
Hi there,

We will only fund the Tuition Fee Loan up to £9250. Have the university said they will be charging more than this for the course?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 8
Hi there,
We will only fund the Tuition Fee Loan up to £9250. Have the university said they will be charging more than this for the course?
Thanks, Drew

Hiya yes it’s £12408 per year (2years)
Hi there,

Then you would need to fund the extra money as we will only pay up to £9250 for the Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 10
Hi there,
Then you would need to fund the extra money as we will only pay up to £9250 for the Tuition Fee Loan.
Thanks, Drew

Thank you.
How soon do you have to pay the additional money?
Hi there,

You would need to speak to the university in regards to this as it is up to them when they would ask for payment.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 12
Hi there,
You would need to speak to the university in regards to this as it is up to them when they would ask for payment.
Thanks, Drew

Thank you!
You're welcome. I hope you have a nice evening.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending