The Student Room Group

Teaching to HMRC

I'm currently a secondary school teacher but the pressure of marking and planning is starting to get to me. I've been considering starting at HMRC
Opinions or advice ?
Original post by Little_missy01
I'm currently a secondary school teacher but the pressure of marking and planning is starting to get to me. I've been considering starting at HMRC
Opinions or advice ?

Well your life would be very different. Many g'ment jobs are flexi-time. You'll probably have a lot more spare time. I don't know if you'll get the same job satisfaction, but then you have to work very, very hard in teaching sometimes to eek out the satifaction.
I do believe there are a few teachers currently waiting on or just starting HMRC jobs in the Public Sector forum. It's probably better to post there, some might be able to offer their experiences :smile:
Thank you
Will do :smile:
Original post by StayEvergreen
Well your life would be very different. Many g'ment jobs are flexi-time. You'll probably have a lot more spare time. I don't know if you'll get the same job satisfaction, but then you have to work very, very hard in teaching sometimes to eek out the satifaction.

That's true. Valid point
There are pros and cons to both careers...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending