The Student Room Group

P45 issues

I am currently in my final year at university and decided to discontinue my part-time employment while studying. I knew the decision would have affected my maintenance loan and have already notified SFE of this change.

I have submitted a new application requesting a tuition fee loan only and evidence from my recent employment (year 2022/2023), including contract, payslips, and P45, as requested.

However, I am struggling to obtain a P45 for my previous workplace (where I was employed from 2020 to 2022). I have asked my employer for it but he is not responding. I do have my employment contract, a letter confirming my part-time working hours during my first year of university, and payslips.

Is there anything I can provide instead of a P45? Anything I can do by calling HMRC?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by francescamorale
I am currently in my final year at university and decided to discontinue my part-time employment while studying. I knew the decision would have affected my maintenance loan and have already notified SFE of this change.

I have submitted a new application requesting a tuition fee loan only and evidence from my recent employment (year 2022/2023), including contract, payslips, and P45, as requested.

However, I am struggling to obtain a P45 for my previous workplace (where I was employed from 2020 to 2022). I have asked my employer for it but he is not responding. I do have my employment contract, a letter confirming my part-time working hours during my first year of university, and payslips.

Is there anything I can provide instead of a P45? Anything I can do by calling HMRC?

Hi there,

Did you apply as a Migrant Worker? Have you been asked to upload payslips and your contract of employment? If you contacted the HMRC they should be able to provide something to you to show what work you did and when you left this employment.

Thanks, Drew
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

Did you apply as a Migrant Worker? Have you been asked to upload payslips and your contract of employment? If you contacted the HMRC they should be able to provide something to you to show what work you did and when you left this employment.

Thanks, Drew

Hi Drew,

Yes, I applied as a Migrant Worker and uploaded payslips and employment contracts. The only thing missing was a P45 from one of my previous employers.
However, it is all sorted now! As you suggested, I contacted HMRC, and they are able to send me a letter of employment, which will replace the P45.

Thank you for your help,
Francesca
Original post by francescamorale
Hi Drew,

Yes, I applied as a Migrant Worker and uploaded payslips and employment contracts. The only thing missing was a P45 from one of my previous employers.
However, it is all sorted now! As you suggested, I contacted HMRC, and they are able to send me a letter of employment, which will replace the P45.

Thank you for your help,
Francesca

Hi Francesca,

You're welcome. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending