The Student Room Group

How do you watch TV

What format do you watch TV on?
On a television at the time a programme is on or using a laptop on a catch up website? Do you watch programmes socially with friends, or by yourself in the background?
Original post by ellemoore440
What format do you watch TV on?
On a television at the time a programme is on or using a laptop on a catch up website? Do you watch programmes socially with friends, or by yourself in the background?

I watch TV, sometimes live, sometimes recorded programs. Very rarely do I watch on demand unless it's something I really liked and missed eg Match of the day.

It's background a lot of the time depending on the program. Eg countdown, The Chase, but football can be a time where I charge my phone and don't use it

Some programs I watch with my dad, others on my own and a few with my internet friends 😳😳😳 I once watched a documentary called Animals in Love with someone via a video screen sharing website (I knew who they were!) and it was really good.
i watch tv on a tv

if it was on a laptop i'd be watching laptop not tv
Reply 3
I used to watch a lot of stuff when it is first broadcast on T.V. but then I realised I was just wasting a lot of my life just waiting for adverts to finish. E.g. I liked to watch 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown but gradually realised that show had about 15 minutes worth of advert breaks each episode, which wasn't worth waiting for just to see the same lame jokes being used.

Then I applied that thinking to most other shows, and stopped watching them too.
I stream everything on my laptop from sites which I'm not allowed to mention on here.
I watch TV on a TV if its a recent show
If I've annoyingly missed a show I'll use BBC iplayer, I then get annoyed at itv player because I can't use it since it doesn't work for me
I use YouTube sometimes if I want to watch an old programme
I use Dailymotion.com if I want to watch a tv programme online so I can watch full length Doctor Who episodes :biggrin:
I live in a student house that doesn't have a TV licence, so most of the things that I watch are on catch-up TV on my laptop rather than live. If it is a live event or a one-off event, such as something to do with sport, I would go round to my friends house to watch it or go to the pub.

I often prefer watching things on catch-up on my laptop rather than TV due to the fact there are no ads and I have a short attentions span.
We have a Tv licence in our student house so me and my flatmates watch TV together a lot, but some things I watch on catch-up alone, mainly cause my housemates have already watched it. I watch stuff on my phone if i can't be bothered getting my laptop out, and my phone is alright for watching things on Iplayer that I've missed, but I mostly like watching things with my friends on a regular TV
If I'm at home with my family I'd usually watch stuff live on TV or recorded if one of us can't be there and it's something we all watch like Game Of Thrones where you can't miss the story. Other than that we usually just record our own shows and watch them seperately while someone else watches something on the Ipad. When I'm at uni i usually just watch stuff on my laptop cause we don't have a Tv licnce, so I can't watch anything live which is ****, but having stuff on demand makes it easier cause theres no ads
I mainly watch via my Amazon Fire Stick through the TV
I probably watch too much TV. I don't really watch much actual TV but use my laptop to stream episodes online from American shows. Use Netflix and Amazon alot too.
Well on the TV.

or

on my Kindle using an app called "TV player" so if I want to watch live TV but can't be bothered to go to the living room to watch it, then I just use this app.

Usually watch it by myself or occasionally with family, but majority of the time everyone is in their rooms doing their own thing.
Original post by Barely-conscious
I live in a student house that doesn't have a TV licence, so most of the things that I watch are on catch-up TV on my laptop rather than live. If it is a live event or a one-off event, such as something to do with sport, I would go round to my friends house to watch it or go to the pub.

I often prefer watching things on catch-up on my laptop rather than TV due to the fact there are no ads and I have a short attentions span.

Just to remind you if you didnt realise catch up using iplayer requires a licence.

Quick Reply

Latest