The Student Room Group

What are your opinions on pound shops like pounland/poundworld?

Do you go in these shops? If so what do you usually buy? Im quite a fan of them I bought tools for my toolbox in there like set of screwdrivers for a quid. I buy quite alot of stuff from there like usb cables,hdmi cables even computer mice. They even sell stuff like lynx shower gell and other top brand products that you will pay double sometimes tripple in oher retailers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm a fan of those shops. I get a lot of stuff from there such as toilet roll,washing up liquid, crisps etc. You can get some great bargains in pound shops :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No the atmosphere is awful and it just is not worth it :afraid:
I've never been in one. Should I?
Original post by SinsNotTragedies

Lol what atmosphere are you expecting? Its a shop.. also how can it not be worth it? Everythings a quid!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reality Check

Defo

Posted from TSR Mobile
They used to be a lot better when they sold end of line stuff. These days they just get manufacturers to make things for £1 rather than selling other things which retailed for more for £1,. Not as good as they used to be. Lot cheaper than supermarkets in many instances.
Reply 7
Original post by Reality Check

For toiletries and cleaning products yes.

Aren't you the one who said shopping at Primark was below you?

But, you'd be willing to shop at Poundland if the atmosphere wasn't awful.:colonhash:
Reply 9
For chocolate, cleaning products and other crap

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ur GF fancies me
Aren't you the one who said shopping at Primark was below you?

But, you'd be willing to shop at Poundland if the atmosphere wasn't awful.:colonhash:

Didn't say it was below me excuse me :gasp:

Did I say I would be willing to tho? :colonhash: Acc do you know what it's not that deep pls
Never really used a poundland as there isn't be nearby but home bargains and b and Ms are certainly very good for a bargain! I have saved so much money on toiletries! Also good for stocking fillers for Christmas!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't say it was below me excuse me :gasp:

Did I say I would be willing to tho? :colonhash: Acc do you know what it's not that deep pls

So are you calling me a liar?:eyeball:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4592930#primary_content

:smug:

Yeah I am m8, where did I say it was "below me"? :hand: All I said was that I had to exit promptly, sorry if you're primark's #1 fan but it's the truth, it shook me to my very core
Yeah I am m8, where did I say it was "below me"? :hand: All I said was that I had to exit promptly, sorry if you're primark's #1 fan but it's the truth, it shook me to my very core

Primark is great for a quick outfit or something causal if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Personally I would usually shop in primark for jewellery and pj's. But the business of the stores sometimes puts me off going in especially if I am having an off day and do not fancy trailing through the edinburgh primarks 4 floors 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sound like a sensitive soul. Why would it shake you to your core and does that happen often? It is one of the most core shaking experiences you have ever had?
omg dead

Original post by RobynEMcl
Primark is great for a quick outfit or something causal if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Personally I would usually shop in primark for jewellery and pj's. But the business of the stores sometimes puts me off going in especially if I am having an off day and do not fancy trailing through the edinburgh primarks 4 floors 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by 999tigger
You sound like a sensitive soul. Why would it shake you to your core and does that happen often? It is one of the most core shaking experiences you have ever had?

Original post by Ur GF fancies me
Calling it awful is basically saying it's below you!:huff:

Primark is one of our British treasures, so many great offers at low prices!:judge:

FFS why are you all so interested in my opinions on primark this isn't my thread smh

but since everyone is interested - it's DISGUSTING AND SHOULD GO BANKRUPT there is that satisfactory for you all :indiff: (I don't really believe that I'm just giving everyone more material to get outraged over :mad:)
omg dead

FFS why are you all so interested in my opinions on primark this isn't my thread smh

but since everyone is interested - it's DISGUSTING AND SHOULD GO BANKRUPT there is that satisfactory for you all :indiff: (I don't really believe that I'm just giving everyone more material to get outraged over :mad:)

You're hilarious.:toofunny:

Your outburst legit made me laugh out loud.
Reply 18
I love poundland tbh - for random things
got my little brother birthday presents from there

these days they acc sell things that are over a pound in poundland... true chaos
They sell discount rimmel polish so i get that, i only ever buy nail art stuff like gems and acetone,

Quick Reply

Latest