People bugging me over natural hair colour.....

Watch
username2392009
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So my natural hair colour is a very light brown, kinda like this maybe slightly lighter:

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/342273640416820192/

and i've been dying it black for maybe 4 years. I started off with a chocolate colour, then a coffee colour and i just wanted it darker and darker and now i've ended up with black. I dye it twice a month because my hair grows really fast but i've had a lot of deadlines and now people have seen my roots. They thought black was my natural colour and yes i am pale and i also have freckles.

They're all kicking off saying i should take it to blonde and i just said i didn't like blonde hair and they want to know why. I can hardly turn around and say because i think it looks and feels really cheap and tacky because i don't want to sound rude but that's my feelings towards it. I don't want to be associated with being dumb or easy or high maintenance and i just think it looks like fishing line and reminds me of all of the above....

Is there another reason i could give them that would make me sound less rude- because i know how it sounds....

To be fair though, girls at my uni say they would never dye their black because its 'butch' and 'goth' so why can't i say that their hair looks 'slutty' and 'fake'....
Devify
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The picture you linked has brown hair? That's not even close to blonde even if it is a bit lighter?

Why don't you just go natural. Say you don't want to bleach your hair or something. That dying it darker damages it less than having to bleach?
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's only a hair colour, why are people so fussy about it? I personally don't like blonde hair colour and love it when my hair is black or brunette. But I wouldn't hate on another persons hair colour? lol it's never that deep. Why are they so concerned?
Willy Pete
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It is just hair. Move on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (41)
5.72%
Uncertainty around my education (83)
11.58%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (76)
10.6%
Lack of purpose or motivation (92)
12.83%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (38)
5.3%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.72%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (77)
10.74%
Financial worries (46)
6.42%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (31)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (43)
6%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (69)
9.62%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (56)
7.81%

Watched Threads