The Student Room Group

People bugging me over natural hair colour.....

So my natural hair colour is a very light brown, kinda like this maybe slightly lighter:

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/342273640416820192/

and i've been dying it black for maybe 4 years. I started off with a chocolate colour, then a coffee colour and i just wanted it darker and darker and now i've ended up with black. I dye it twice a month because my hair grows really fast but i've had a lot of deadlines and now people have seen my roots. They thought black was my natural colour and yes i am pale and i also have freckles.

They're all kicking off saying i should take it to blonde and i just said i didn't like blonde hair and they want to know why. I can hardly turn around and say because i think it looks and feels really cheap and tacky because i don't want to sound rude but that's my feelings towards it. I don't want to be associated with being dumb or easy or high maintenance and i just think it looks like fishing line and reminds me of all of the above....

Is there another reason i could give them that would make me sound less rude- because i know how it sounds....

To be fair though, girls at my uni say they would never dye their black because its 'butch' and 'goth' so why can't i say that their hair looks 'slutty' and 'fake'....
Reply 1
The picture you linked has brown hair? That's not even close to blonde even if it is a bit lighter?

Why don't you just go natural. Say you don't want to bleach your hair or something. That dying it darker damages it less than having to bleach?
(edited 7 years ago)
It's only a hair colour, why are people so fussy about it? I personally don't like blonde hair colour and love it when my hair is black or brunette. But I wouldn't hate on another persons hair colour? lol it's never that deep. Why are they so concerned?
It is just hair. Move on.

Quick Reply

Latest